REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Land of Enchantment

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: Land of Enchantment

Postby 1mocast » March 31st, 2016, 11:48 am

Lucky DOGS! (And I mean Petey and Mabel!) ;)

Ahhhh. The sunsets! Congrats... :bananadance:
Dead emoji's due to Photobucket. :(
1mocast

Postby tomsakai » March 31st, 2016, 12:30 pm

What a cool pad and with great fly fishing within reasonable distances! I'm really jealous! ;)
tomsakai

Postby midger » March 31st, 2016, 5:30 pm

Nice digs Curtis. I'll bet Tammy and the little guys enjoy it. Albuquerque is a neat town. Have you ridden up the tram yet? Oh, and the combat fishing on the SJ is a kick. Below Texas Hole isn't generally nearly as crowded.

ADDED:
I went online to check out EDO. Hadn't heard of it but after looking, it appears to be an area that meets a lot of what you were looking for. Are you in one of the gym lofts? Looking at the pictures of the various apartments they have, it sort of looked like it. Also looks like there are a lot of things to do right in the general vicinity you'll be in. Where will you store the trailer when at "home" in the loft? Do they have a yard nearby on the old campus grounds?
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby stanbery » March 31st, 2016, 11:14 pm

flybob wrote:Awesome Curtis!

If you want to see 45 miles of the Animas in one day, take the Durango Silverton train!
I went through 4 rolls of film back in my SLR days! Drop dead Gorgeous!

I 2nd that trip it is very cool and the Animas has some awesome water as well right in town no less.
Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby FlyKastr » April 1st, 2016, 11:16 am

Very nice WanderingBlues! Some people just have a flair for living well. It looks like you’re at a great staging point to fly fish fantastic waters. Sincere best wishes to your journeys.
FlyKastr
FlyKastr

Postby mountainbiker » April 4th, 2016, 9:34 pm

Nice. We were just in ABQ in September for one of our family reunions. My mothers family goes back to the 1800's in New Mexico. Lots of things to do there in between your trips. Congrats and enjoy.
mountainbiker

Postby DrCreek » April 7th, 2016, 1:24 pm

Back when I was first invited to fish the Valles Caldera with my friend Rob Mohr, fishermen were selected by lottery. And the place was only fished two days a week, with no more than two fishermen per beat. I'm pretty sure this is a picture of Beat 3 (Rob might correct me as this place is in his backyard). Curtis, I hope you get to fish that place. All the beats look pretty tasty (at least they did back in 2007).

"You can't keep a good Dr down."
Days On The Salt in 2017 - 114
Days On The Salt in 2018 - 39

DrCreek

Postby WanderingBlues » April 7th, 2016, 7:44 pm

DrCreek wrote:Back when I was first invited to fish the Valles Caldera with my friend Rob Mohr, fishermen were selected by lottery. And the place was only fished two days a week, with no more than two fishermen per beat. I'm pretty sure this is a picture of Beat 3 (Rob might correct me as this place is in his backyard). Curtis, I hope you get to fish that place. All the beats look pretty tasty (at least they did back in 2007).

You know you and Connie have a standing invite. San Diego will not fall into mayhem if you take a vacation. Miss you and say hey to the mizziz.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby flybob » April 8th, 2016, 9:52 am

WHOA!

There has been a DR. Creek sighting!
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing