REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Fly Fishing Film Tour - May 14th

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Fly Fishing Film Tour - May 14th

Postby flue_fisker » April 15th, 2016, 5:18 pm

The Calico Syndicate & Tight Loop Media will host their 4th annual Fly Fishing Film Tour Orange County Edition on May 14th at the AMC Theaters @ The District Tustin Legacy, doors opening at 2:00pm and the incredible charity event immediately following the screenings. Casting for Recovery 501(c)3 will be this year’s beneficiary non-profit partner in the fight against cancer.

Tickets will be the same great price of $29 which features the screenings, hosted bar, hosted food, silent auction, awesome raffle, live music, and all for the support of cancer patients and survivors. Last year we saw 10 yr. old Ethan Purkis walk away with the Grand Raffle Prize worth nearly $14,000 and a memory of a lifetime….are you feeling lucky this year? Only premium raffle & auction prizes are featured in this, the most anticipated fly fishing event of the year in Southern California!

Local retailing legend Bob Marriott will be honored with the inaugural “Bob Marriott Lifetime Achievement Award” in his namesake for the extraordinary contribution he has made to the fly fishing community for the past three decades. Jessica Strickland of Trout Unlimited will also be honored as the “Conservationist of the Year” for her passionate support of our fisheries and watersheds here in California.

Honoree Jessica Strickland along with Kesley Gallagher will be showing all the wives how to outcast their husbands in the ORVIS sponsored indoor casting arena. So if you’re a fly angler you don’t want to miss this one-of-a-kind event here in the Southland. Grab your wife or husband, get a sitter, do whatever you have to and join us for what may be the best angling inspired evening of 2016.

Buy your tickets exclusively on-line, there will be absolutely NO TICKET SALES AT THE DOOR of the event. TICKETING: http://bit.ly/1Uyr8V8
flue_fisker

Re: Fly Fishing Film Tour - May 14th

Postby Fishfreak911 » April 15th, 2016, 10:23 pm

Got my Tix! Will be there with my wife. She doesn't really care to FF, but enjoys the films.
Greg<><
Creating the finest custom flyfishing nets on the planet is my passion!

http://www.Sierra-Nets.com
Fishfreak911

Postby Jimbo Roberts » April 16th, 2016, 10:06 pm

We saw it here in Austin Texas April 14th.
One of my friends Chris Johnson produced a trailer for the FFFT.
https://vimeo.com/search?q=unspoken+the ... ande+trout
He is also a Cutthroat Fanatic like me, and we tease each other with pictures taken of Cuttys caught on high altitude creeks and lakes that will remain nameless.

Jimbo
Jimbo Roberts

Postby stanbery » April 18th, 2016, 7:57 pm

Jimbo Roberts wrote:We saw it here in Austin Texas April 14th.
One of my friends Chris Johnson produced a trailer for the FFFT.
https://vimeo.com/search?q=unspoken+the ... ande+trout
He is also a Cutthroat Fanatic like me, and we tease each other with pictures taken of Cuttys caught on high altitude creeks and lakes that will remain nameless.

Jimbo

You really should go to pyramid then one year.

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby Jimbo Roberts » April 19th, 2016, 6:31 pm

Pyramid is on the list for sure.
With the old lake strain Lahontan Cutthroat now swimming in the lake once again 40+lbers are going to start showing up in the nets again and I'd like to be "that" guy. Plus, I've always wanted to fish from a Ladder !

Jimbo
Jimbo Roberts

Return to General Fly Fishing