REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Like the RP, SP and XP.......

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Postby briansII » June 3rd, 2016, 10:41 am

.....Sage is discontinuing their flagship model, the One series next month. Have not heard what will replace it, but I'm sure it's some super duper, fantastico thing to behold. I'm guessing we will see a slight price increase with the new model. Folks that like the One, should expect some closeout prices soon.....or now.

briansII
briansII

Re: Like the RP, SP and XP.......

Postby FIGHTONSC » June 3rd, 2016, 11:35 am

Brian,

I'm fishing the Sage One nine foot, five weight, I got from Bob K and love it! It has what I would call a moderate fast action and pairs well with the Sage 4250 reel. Casts like a dream and is still relatively light.

Looking forward to casting dries on Silver Creek with it later this summer!

Thanks for the Sage update.

Jeff
THE TRUTH ALWAYS SOUNDS BETTER!
FIGHTONSC

Postby Papasequoia » June 3rd, 2016, 5:32 pm

The Sage One Squared? The Sage One Plus One? The Sage Super Dooper? The Sage Betcha Can't Stop at One?
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby lucfish » June 3rd, 2016, 7:58 pm

It will never end.
lucfish

Postby silverlaker » June 3rd, 2016, 9:23 pm

Just go back to the xp and call it good :)
Fish always lose by being "got in and dressed." It is best to weigh them while they are in the water. The only really large one I ever caught got away with my leader when I first struck him. He weighed ten pounds. —Charles Dudley Warner
silverlaker

Postby stanbery » June 3rd, 2016, 11:15 pm

silverlaker wrote:Just go back to the xp and call it good :)

If they did that Brian would not be able to get a new rod. :funnyup: :funnyup:

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby ldr » June 4th, 2016, 6:08 am

The Sage Next One? The Sage Other One?
"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra
ldr

Postby BrownBear » June 4th, 2016, 6:32 am

How about One More Sage. ;)

I love the One for everything but reaching deep into my pocket for extra distance. I've found other brands and models a little more capable on days when you need that extra rod and line speed to reach the fish, especially in stout wind. But that's a pretty situation, and there's not a rod made that is good at all things. Sure is smooth and fun to cast and fish if you don't try reaching too deep into the butt.
BrownBear

Postby FIGHTONSC » June 4th, 2016, 6:59 am

Looks like Sage's answer to us is "One and Done" :mrgreen:

Regards from Kansas,

Jeff
FIGHTONSC

Postby Mlob1one » June 4th, 2016, 10:16 am

Sage One+ (Plus)?

Glad that my gear addiction has not yet fully crossed over into fly rods. Just barely got the Circa and will hang on to it for quite awhile (I hope).

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk
Mlob1one

Postby stickboy » June 4th, 2016, 2:48 pm

FIGHTONSC wrote:Brian,

I'm fishing the Sage One nine foot, five weight, I got from Bob K and love it! It has what I would call a moderate fast action and pairs well with the Sage 4250 reel. Casts like a dream and is still relatively light.

Looking forward to casting dries on Silver Creek with it later this summer!

Thanks for the Sage update.

Jeff

So you're the lucky one that ended up with Bob K's set up. I saw him on the water a couple weeks back and he had mentioned that he finally traded it for a shotgun and some ammo. Glad someone's finally enjoying it and it's not me... I was tempted to pull the trigger from day one but another 5 wt is definitely something I don't need. Have fun!
stickboy

Postby FIGHTONSC » June 4th, 2016, 6:57 pm

stickboy wrote:So you're the lucky one that ended up with Bob K's set up.

Yes, Bob and I made a swap and I'm very happy with the deal! I don't think Bob will get quite as much enjoyment pulling the trigger on a Weatherby .300 Mag as I do casting my Sage One. I'm sure that any of you who have pulled the trigger on a 300 mag know what I'm talking about. :)

Bob's a great guy and I look forward to fishing with him when he visits Idaho.

Best regards,

Jeff
FIGHTONSC

Postby Bernard » June 5th, 2016, 6:03 am

lucfish wrote:It will never end.

Hah! So true!
Bernard

Postby duckdog » June 6th, 2016, 9:14 am

I don't know about the rest of you folks, but I hang on to my old gear way too long. I am not a hoarder( my wife may not agree with that statement) but I just don't get rid of old gear. Till last week that is. I traded in a 30 yr. old old Fenwick Eagle for a new Orvis Recon 10ft. 4wt. I had not fished that old Eagle in many years, but I tried casting it one last time and all I have to say is that I am glad that rod company's keep on moving forward. I have 3 generations of Orvis rods, the Zero G , Helios and H2. To me ,each is an improvement on the last and all of them blow out that old Fenwick. I had alot of sentimental attachment to that old rod but it was time to go. Same could be said for the 2 Sage rods that I have,an RPL from the 1980's and a Sage One , both 4 wt's. I still like the RPL but I am more accurate with the One. I am done(for the most part, I might need a 10-6 3wt.) acquiring freshwater rods . But keep it moving forward rod companies.
duckdog

Postby BrownBear » June 6th, 2016, 5:11 pm

duckdog wrote:I don't know about the rest of you folks, but I hang on to my old gear way too long.

No such thing for me and rods! If they're dogs, they don't stay around, but good rods from 50 years ago are still good rods today, if different than the contemporary models. Call it sentiment, but I still set aside days for fishing my old Fenwicks, Fischers, Peaks and Philipsons from the 1960's. Then there are a few cane rods from that era that sneak out at least once a year for trout. Kinda take your breath away if I used their names and you heard I was fishing them, but even today they still need to earn their keep. :)
BrownBear

Next

Return to General Fly Fishing