REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Passing of Westlake Dave

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: Passing of Westlake Dave

Postby Rob909 » July 20th, 2016, 12:18 pm

Sorry to hear this news Brandt.

I always enjoyed the times I was around your dad. Always made me laugh.

I also lost my dad to lung cancer in 2000. Still think about him and miss him every day. You will as well, with both tears and smiles! Cherish the memories :)

Take Care,
Rob
Rob909

Postby Packer » July 20th, 2016, 2:52 pm

Brandt, my most sincere condolences. I loved your old man, and always enjoyed his posts mostly bragging about your fishing prowess. He always replied to your posts as you did with his. Seeing the pair of you at the rendezvous was always my pleasure.
Thanks, Tim:)/'~~--~>*}))><
....................................................................................................................................HOLD MY BEAR AND WATCH THIS!
Packer

Postby WanderingBlues » July 20th, 2016, 3:51 pm

My condolences. I met him once, near the beginning of my fly journey, and you could instantly see he was one of the good guys. And his online persona was always that of a gentleman. Here's to chasing beautiful trout on the other side..
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby Gary C. » July 20th, 2016, 5:43 pm

I don't think that I ever met your Dad in person but I might have. I know that I enjoyed his posts over the years and I am sorry to hear of his passing. I'm sorry for the loss to both the family and friends.
Gary C.

Postby mountainbiker » July 21st, 2016, 9:13 am

Sorry for your loss. I was just thinking of your dad just the other day regarding that I have not seen any posts lately. Always enjoyed his reports. With pleasure I meet him and Andy at Sespe Fly Fishers meeting in Ventura. Memories are forever, cherish them all. Don.
mountainbiker

Postby BradW » July 21st, 2016, 9:18 am

Brandt,
So sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. I know how close you were to him. I always enjoyed his presence and humor on our outings together and appreciate having spent time with you and him. He'll always have a special place in our memories.
Brad
BradW

Postby briansII » July 21st, 2016, 11:39 am

Very sorry for your loss. Thoughts for your family and friends.

briansII
briansII

Postby tyingfool » July 25th, 2016, 6:13 pm

Brandt,
Sorry to hear about your pops, he was a stand up guy. One of the nicest guys I ever met on the river. He will be missed greatly by all of us. I remember a winter trip to the Owens. Those pesky Raccoon residents rifled threw your cooler and stole your eggs. He had some awesome story's.

David
Aspire to inspire before you expire.
tyingfool

Postby 1mocast » July 28th, 2016, 1:51 pm

Brandt,
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Even though I have met you and your dad only a couple of times, I remember the hilarious stories he told and can see how you both had an amazing bond.

He will be missed by all.
Dead emoji's due to Photobucket. :(
1mocast

Postby RSetina » August 4th, 2016, 2:31 pm

I'm sorry read of your father's passing. I haven't been on the board for a couple of years due to not fishing much after our granddaughter was born, and to read that you lost you dad was a sad way to come back. I too always liked your posts, reading about the adventures you both had together. When I woodwork, I think of my dad often. You'll do the same on the water and feel his presence there with you, I'm sure.
Rick

Other Websites
TenkaraUSA
RSetina

Postby Packer » August 4th, 2016, 8:58 pm

Brandt, the service was grand and your dad's memories were well conveyed to the congregation.
I will keep my painted rock with the picture of him at the HCR. When I get my computer back from Debbie I promise to send you all the pics I can find.
Take care, Tim:)/'~~--<*}))><
....................................................................................................................................HOLD MY BEAR AND WATCH THIS!
Packer

Postby darrin terry » August 10th, 2016, 7:10 am

Sorry to hear this, Brandt! Like others, I've good memories of your Pop. Mostly from the boards, but the LO trip a few years back as well. I still tell of that morning you woke up to find your ice chest was robbed and could not believe it was the raccoons until you realized your coffee cup was frozen to the lid. Good times that weekend with you and he.

Take care.
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing