REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Our New travel trailer

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: Our New travel trailer

Postby midger » August 23rd, 2016, 6:20 am

RichardCullip wrote:Congratulations. Enjoy this next season of life.

Thanks Richard. I've actually been retired (sort of--no regular have to go to job) for 6 years, but the wife has been continuing work until she FINALLY decided to retire this June. We've owned our place in Idaho since 2010 and spent a lot of time there since then. I grew up in the Boise area and really like it.

fly addict wrote:Mike,
Good to hear you made the move. We are heading to Kansas next month to spend a week and look around. I rented a home near downtown Boise and the greenbelt. I hope to see you and Jeff while I'm there.

Mark

Give me a call. We can have a beer or bend a rod.

WanderingBlues wrote:Leaving Cali is a fine thing! Congrats, and our Airstream may end up in your driveway at some point.

Curtis,
You're always welcome and the driveway would easily hold your AS. Lots of good breweries in the area and fair fishing.

Papasequoia wrote:You're going to miss us...

Yeah I'll miss ya all, but imagine a good number of you will be coming through Kansas in the future, so hope you'll give me a shout on your drive bys.
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby briansII » August 23rd, 2016, 9:49 am

Congratulations!! That's awesome!

So the trailer was for all your fly fishing gear, but what did you do with all the house stuff?

briansII
briansII

Postby midger » August 23rd, 2016, 11:52 am

briansII wrote:Congratulations!! That's awesome!

So the trailer was for all your fly fishing gear, but what did you do with all the house stuff?

briansII

You're right Brian. That 28 foot trailer wouldn't hold all the fly fishing gear, so I had to throw a couple of rods into the back of the 4 Runner with the house stuff. ;)
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby k9mark » August 23rd, 2016, 12:03 pm

Wow, those are reasonable rates. I'm planning on fleeing Kalifornia in two years if not sooner for the Idaho Falls area.
"...and on the eighth day God created Police Officers so Firemen would have Heroes..." .....Best partner I ever had ------------->
k9mark

Postby stanbery » August 25th, 2016, 4:49 am

Congrats on the Move Mike.
Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby duckdog » August 25th, 2016, 8:33 am

Congratulations on the move Mike. Leaving California, hmmm , something that I think about just about EVERY DAY. Good luck to you and your wife, I hope that the permanent move is everything that you want it to be.
duckdog

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing