REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Marmot EOS 1p at Campsaver.com

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Marmot EOS 1p at Campsaver.com

Postby John Harper » December 25th, 2016, 1:28 pm

Just bought a Marmot EOS 1p ultralight tent at Campsaver for $145.84 delivered. On sale for $161.80 with 10% discount applied. I was looking at the MSR Hubba NX1 or the Marmot, and couldn't pass up such a discounted price.

John
John Harper

Re: Marmot EOS 1p at Campsaver.com

Postby rayfound » December 26th, 2016, 12:16 am

Good price, but for the same or less weight you could do a tarptent double rainbow... and sleep two. Again though, good price.
Fishing is the most wonderful thing I do in my life, barring some equally delightful unmentionables.

http://www.adiposefin.com
rayfound

Postby Packer » December 26th, 2016, 5:55 pm

Hey John, I just ordered the Big Agnes HV UL2 Copper Spur with the MountainGlo system. They (BA) gave me a 50% off for returning my old seedhouse2 model for repairs, but they couldn't fix the seams. I can't wait to start setting it up in my living room.
I really liked their Customer Service as well. I may take a trip to Steamboat Springs just to thank them in person.
I hope you get to use your new tent a lot.
Thanks, Tim:)/'~~-->*}))><
....................................................................................................................................HOLD MY BEAR AND WATCH THIS!
Packer

Postby John Harper » December 26th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Thanks fellow backpackers. I appreciate the input.

Just trying to balance my budget with realistic trail days. Even $145 is way more than I've ever spent on a tent. My current tent (3 lb.) was $30 from departed Sports Authority. Crawling into a tube style staked tent just gets to be a hassle.

I'm motivated to do several 2-5 day trips this summer. May Lundy mine area is on my list for sure, Big Pine trail to Lon Chaney's cabin for sure. I have no issue going solo, most my trips usually are. Thinking about popping over to Sky Blue during the GTW week.

John
John Harper

Postby BradW » January 1st, 2017, 11:03 am

Hey John,
That's an excellent tent...and much better than my tarp ;) . I always like a good tent for the added security from the elements. Especially in the Sierra's with the weather unpredictable at times. I just picked up a new Nemo 2p Blaze for less than 60% off on Ebay and looking forward to giving it a go. Have fun and maybe we'll see you up at the opener this year.
Brad
BradW

Postby John Harper » January 1st, 2017, 12:17 pm

BradW wrote:Hey John,
That's an excellent tent...and much better than my tarp ;) . I always like a good tent for the added security from the elements. Especially in the Sierra's with the weather unpredictable at times. I just picked up a new Nemo 2p Blaze for less than 60% off on Ebay and looking forward to giving it a go. Have fun and maybe we'll see you up at the opener this year.
Brad

I already reserved a permit, my friend. And, this tent should definitely beat that blue tarp!

John
John Harper

Postby 1mocast » January 1st, 2017, 10:44 pm

Dang! It is not about a REAL marmot. ;)
Dead emoji's due to Photobucket. :(
1mocast

Return to General Fly Fishing