REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Going Stir Cray-Cray (the cool way to say "crazy")

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Going Stir Cray-Cray (the cool way to say "crazy")

Postby DrCreek » February 14th, 2017, 11:55 am

I feel like so much time has simply been wasted. Rain, rain, rain. Ya, we need the rain. But the weather is getting in the way of my new salt float tube passion !

Tomorrow and Thursday look promising. As long as there's no dampness on the driveway and no icicles hanging off the eaves, I'm going. I've had it with this overall feeling of blue being cooped-up inside. I hate being inside. Outside is one of the only things that makes me feel positive and in a good mood. So I'm going... dammitt ! Report to follow.
"You can't keep a good Dr down."
Days On The Salt in 2017 - 114
Days On The Salt in 2018 - 39

DrCreek

Re: Going Stir Cray-Cray (the cool way to say "crazy")

Postby John Harper » February 14th, 2017, 12:19 pm

I agree, Mike. Although my little expedition last week proved fruitless, it was great to get out in the backcountry and hike around. Noble Canyon was a very cool little hike. Some beautiful patches of manzanita that the trail cuts through.
Looks like rain in the forecast for Friday and Saturday.

John
John Harper

Postby stanbery » February 14th, 2017, 9:16 pm

Mike
Good luck, I hope it does not rain on Monday since I want to go shooting.
Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby BrownBear » February 15th, 2017, 3:01 am

Go for it! That's why the fishing elves invented rain gear and fleece longjohns for waders.

Here's a bit of encouragement. Got a nice surprise yesterday while wading for redfish here in sunny Florida--- in spite of a windy forecast. Sometimes the weather guys just get it all wrong. The wind was slow to arrive, and in the end was 5mph rather than 15mph. I'd have been home washing the truck or some such nonsense rather than on the water. Gotta be ready for it! If the forecast is right, you can always go back home for chores. :bananadance:

BrownBear

Postby DrCreek » February 17th, 2017, 6:26 pm

BrownBear wrote:Go for it! That's why the fishing elves invented rain gear and fleece longjohns for waders.

Here's a bit of encouragement. Got a nice surprise yesterday while wading for redfish here in sunny Florida--- in spite of a windy forecast. Sometimes the weather guys just get it all wrong. The wind was slow to arrive, and in the end was 5mph rather than 15mph. I'd have been home washing the truck or some such nonsense rather than on the water. Gotta be ready for it! If the forecast is right, you can always go back home for chores. :bananadance:

Ya, well... its happening here now - and even more so north of us I understand. Glad I got in my fishing when I did. Cant imagine what the argument from a Permit must feel like. You're making all my little 12" Spotted Bay Bass look like nothing more than the saltwater version of a Bluegill ! :bananadance: I can only dream about what grabbing a Permit must feel like. No chores for me thanks. Wetting a line takes priority over chores any old time !
"You can't keep a good Dr down."
Days On The Salt in 2017 - 114
Days On The Salt in 2018 - 39

DrCreek

Return to General Fly Fishing