REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Hmmmm...

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: Hmmmm...

Postby dray » March 15th, 2017, 8:03 pm

So Cal FF Exp....
Really, Com On Man!
Don't out our locals...
Geeeeezzzz, we just got some rain

I'm not a FB guy but thanks WB for the heads up,
dray

Postby bmachale » March 16th, 2017, 9:17 am

As stated, one should always be careful when complaining about someone giving away information they think should be kept quiet.

While I know my father had actually fished xxxxx creek in the 50-60s, I had never had the inclination to do so my self. Oddly, my wife and I were standing above the creek last week and told her about the creek and the wild trout and my father. Now my interest is peaked.

Since this subject came up, I did some research and found how to get to xxxxx creek without the help of the *. I have fished some of the wild trout areas of a local drainage in that area years ago. And I may just give xxxxx creek a shot if the weather improves the week after next. Maybe not. Seems like a lot of hiking. LOL. Who knows?

Whether I do or not, I promise to do barbless and C&R only.
bmachale

Postby Wildman » March 16th, 2017, 11:52 am

You will actually find that for the most part, we do not name names of creeks or tribs or drainages without a "code" name. There are simply too many who will exploit the resource without regard. We also have a sensitive section that is vetted heavily and is by invitation only after we get to know you. The issue with this individual is that he is making * good money off of fishing a resource that is not private water but belongs to everybody. Biggest issue is that he has slid under the radar for years and never stopped....even during the ten year drought that decimated the locals fish population.

Also remember that even areas that would be considered primal wilderness on our forests that have water and fish are being hammered by the marijuana growers....by both taking and eating wild fish and by the fertilizers and pesticides they pump into our creeks.

Good luck on your endeavor and post pictures in your report....trip reports need pictures to be real. :P
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby tenandtwo » March 16th, 2017, 1:04 pm

Thanks for cleaning that up!

I am pretty sure that guy has know about this website for a while now. If by chance Mr Berlin does read this I have to ask him... If your business is taking people to remote "hidden" locations to fish, how can it possibly help your business by listing these places for anyone to read about and go to on their own?

Besides it's far more fun to "earn" a spot. Do research and footwork- not every spot will pan out- but bushwacking thru snakes and nettles and then finding a 7" trout here and there is what it's all about.
tenandtwo

Postby WanderingBlues » March 16th, 2017, 1:33 pm

tenandtwo wrote:Thanks for cleaning that up!

Occasionally I get to use my admin powers for something other than zapping spammers.

And guiding someone to a secret spot is one thing. Producing and marketing a video that names and describes places while sitting down in San Diego is another. The video is selling out the resource.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby Wildman » March 16th, 2017, 11:14 pm

Curtis....you are killing me with those pictures of your home water.......I thought I cleaned it up......Maybe I didn't the return key.

I have some calls (both official and unofficial) into some folks including a legitimate guide who has worked on the San Bernardino NF for many years. He was most interested in all this.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby DrCreek » March 17th, 2017, 9:08 am

Anyone notice how I stayed clear of this little situation? :funnyup:
"You can't keep a good Dr down."
Days On The Salt in 2017 - 114
Days On The Salt in 2018 - 39

DrCreek

Postby Wildman » March 17th, 2017, 12:43 pm

So noted..... :P
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby WanderingBlues » March 17th, 2017, 6:44 pm

DrCreek wrote:Anyone notice how I stayed clear of this little situation? :funnyup:

It's unnatural.....
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby bmachale » March 18th, 2017, 9:45 am

Wildman wrote:You will actually find that for the most part, we do not name names of creeks or tribs or drainages without a "code" name. There are simply too many who will exploit the resource without regard. We also have a sensitive section that is vetted heavily and is by invitation only after we get to know you. The issue with this individual is that he is making * good money off of fishing a resource that is not private water but belongs to everybody. Biggest issue is that he has slid under the radar for years and never stopped....even during the ten year drought that decimated the locals fish population.

Also remember that even areas that would be considered primal wilderness on our forests that have water and fish are being hammered by the marijuana growers....by both taking and eating wild fish and by the fertilizers and pesticides they pump into our creeks.

Good luck on your endeavor and post pictures in your report....trip reports need pictures to be real. :P

While we are waiting to get to know me and decide if someday you will allow me into your secret room; that I would really and truly love to be invited into; I do not ever keep any fish. All C&R. I don't care how big they might be. OK, maybe if they are bleeding from the gills, mouth, eyes and anus I may keep them. But I do not ever plan to keep any. Wild, holdover, stocked, it does not matter. They go back to grow and be caught again by someone else.

I do not have any friends, other than my wife and son, that go freshwater fishing with me. I have lots of saltwater friends. I have a boat. Somehow it attracts friends. I will not, and cannot tell the world about "The Spot".

I will be patient and hope.

Thank to all,
bmachale

Postby WanderingBlues » March 18th, 2017, 10:03 am

bmachale wrote:
Wildman wrote:
While we are waiting to get to know me and decide if someday you will allow me into your secret room; that I would really and truly love to be invited into; I do not ever keep any fish. All C&R. I don't care how big they might be. OK, maybe if they are bleeding from the gills, mouth, eyes and anus I may keep them. But I do not ever plan to keep any. Wild, holdover, stocked, it does not matter. They go back to grow and be caught again by someone else.

I do not have any friends, other than my wife and son, that go freshwater fishing with me. I have lots of saltwater friends. I have a boat. Somehow it attracts friends. I will not, and cannot tell the world about "The Spot".

I will be patient and hope.

Thank to all,

It's a room filled with fat trout that rise to huge, bushy flies. Where the vistas amaze, the fly fishers are all genteel, and there's a craftbrewery at the end of the day....

Seriously, though. It's "secret" only in the respect that it won't come up in a google search or by a bot. It's an opt-in section that requires approval mainly based on number and type of posts, duration on the board, etc. It allows for a more open discussion of sensitive waters without the worrry that a someone searching the net will find the info and make a bee line before posting on the fishing network or bloody decks about an amazing 'secret' hole.

I'm in New Mexico now, otherwise I'd gladly join you for a session. However, if you get out this way, the invite still stands.
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby Wildman » March 18th, 2017, 11:56 am

Looking forward to seeing your posts and (pictures) and getting to know you. I'd invite you to go fishing but it's out of the program for me for a while.

Oh...Thank you for your service..... I was in the Army 1967-70
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby DrCreek » March 18th, 2017, 12:10 pm

From me too. Since you dig the salt and you may need someone local to head you in the right direction :bananadance: , let me know if I can help. I'm in SD and have recently fallen head-over-heels for SD Bay salt after four decades of nothing but small creeks, streams, and wild trout. Always ready to throw in our bay.
"You can't keep a good Dr down."
Days On The Salt in 2017 - 114
Days On The Salt in 2018 - 39

DrCreek

Postby clee » March 18th, 2017, 2:00 pm

bmachale wrote:I have a boat.

Hey buddy. How you doing?
clee

Postby bmachale » March 18th, 2017, 2:20 pm

To All,

Thank you very much for the replies. I will keep it in mind. On my way to New Mexico in the morning.

I mostly fish offshore. 15-50 miles. Love the open ocean. Love chasing pelagics. The bigger the better. We put a 150 lb bluefin tuna on the boat last year, and 4 over 90, and a dink 75. LOL And a bunch of smaller yellowfin and dorado.

That does not mean I would not fish the bay. I am always ready to learn something new.

Anybody who would like to head offshore this year is welcome to join us.

And no info from the "secret room" will end up on bloodydecks or FNN.

Thank you to all.
bmachale

PreviousNext

Return to General Fly Fishing