REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Don't Drink the water

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Don't Drink the water

Postby 1mocast » April 3rd, 2017, 2:43 pm

And be careful when you see tubing and powdery substances in the forests.
https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2017/03/backcountry-drug-war/521352/
Dead emoji's due to Photobucket. :(
1mocast

Re: Don't Drink the water

Postby DrCreek » April 3rd, 2017, 4:26 pm

Reminds me of "that place up there" (you know where I'm talking about). I spent more time watching the surrounding hillsides than I did watching my Adams Parachute !
"You can't keep a good Dr down."
Days On The Salt in 2017 - 114
Days On The Salt in 2018 - 39

DrCreek

Postby WanderingBlues » April 4th, 2017, 6:29 pm

First you see the hidden pvc taking water from the drainage. Then you notice how the streamside foliage goes from manageable to amazingly thick and impenetrable. And if there's any stinging nettle around, it's on steroids. All from the stuff being dumped into the watershed.

<oops>.....
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby Flatsix » April 6th, 2017, 3:12 pm

About 5 years back, I was walking along the east fork of a local river and ran into a guy that came out of nowhere wearing camo pants and t-shirt with a machete strapped to his waist. I just kept walking and minding my business. I'm assuming that he was involved in agriculture.
Flatsix

Postby fshflys » April 7th, 2017, 7:10 am

That is a very interesting (and scary) read.
# of fishing days 2014, 12
fshflys

Postby The Steady Foot » April 9th, 2017, 9:50 pm

I just read this on yahoo.

I've seen some sketchy stuff too; I bet most of us have. I hiked the Devils Chair in Devils Punchbowl a few years back and aside from the old naked guy doing trail maintenance (yes, I said naked) a memorable part of the trip was all the lengths of black tubing right on the trail. Struck me as dumb; idiots just trying to get caught.

I hiked a side canyon here on the north fork of Lytle Creek canyon that has a trickle year round seeing arrows in red spray paint all along the path less route. Once in the narrow gully I found all manner of conveniences that no one would ever hump in to such an out-of-the-way place: full size ice chest, 5 gallon BBQ propane bottles, various pieces of clothing. Upon hearing my report, a neighbor suggested I carry a side arm during future forays into the wilderness.
There's a lake of stew and of whiskey too, you can paddle all around 'em in a big canoe....
The Steady Foot

Return to General Fly Fishing