REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

2017 IFTD / ICAST Show Report - Photo Heavy

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

2017 IFTD / ICAST Show Report - Photo Heavy

Postby hopperdropper » January 3rd, 2018, 2:49 pm

Sadly, I began this as a draft back in 2017 right after the show. Right at that time I learned about the Photobucket issue and never posted this as I did not have the time to figure our a new image host. Now I have signed on with Imgur and figured I would share some photos I took at the show, though a bit late...

By sheer luck I was in Orlando for work and noticed that the IFTD / ICAST show was in town. Couldn't pass this up as I have never been and cleared my schedule for a few hours on the last day of the show. They wanted to charge me $250 for a badge but luckily I was able to go the classy route and pulled someone's out of a trash can...

Spent time mostly in the IFTD area. Here are some photos I was able to take. Sorry for some of the poor pics. Seems that many of the booths were in disarray as it was the last day. Many times when I entered a booth the staff simply watched from their chairs. Enjoy!

One of the booths I was surprised and excited to see was the Ty-Rite booth. Some friends of the original owners have resurrected the company are an offering the original Ty-Rite products. I know I've collected many of these over the years. They said they are honoring all past products with their Lifetime Warranty and will replace any free of charge.

Sage had a great display which included an amazing fishing van! Also of interest at their booth was the new graphite Foundation series which will retain for $325 and is made in the USA... pretty nice to see.

Hardy had a cool booth with a beautiful float boat.

G Loomis won best new rod award for their IMX-Pro series of rods.

Abel's booth had reels and line clippers in every color combo imaginable.

Anyone fishing a Taylor reel? I have been wanting to try one out.

Here is a link to the Imgur library of more of the photos I took. Perhaps I can schedule a trip to visit my employees in Orlando again this year when the show is running and provide a more thorough report of new products...

https://imgur.com/a/ZEtq0
------------------------------------
Jeff
hopperdropper

Re: 2017 IFTD / ICAST Show Report - Photo Heavy

Postby fly addict » January 4th, 2018, 4:00 pm

Thanks for the post, I have never been to that show, it looks a lot better than the Fred Hall Show in Long Beach. I have a Ty-Rite tool, use it always, along with a Ketchum Release tool and a EZ lap hook file.
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

Re: 2017 IFTD / ICAST Show Report - Photo Heavy

Postby flyster » January 4th, 2018, 5:51 pm

Loomis IMX!! I just busted my IMX 4WT. I built in the 90's. Looks like I will just have to send it in for a replacement IMX-Pro series. Thanks for the post.
" Boy it's going to be really hard not to do this again tomorrow!!"
flyster

Return to General Fly Fishing