REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Hardy glass 5'

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Hardy glass 5'

Postby castaway » March 19th, 2009, 3:54 pm

Got to break her in today at the local bass pond...

come on creek season!

what a blast.... this entire set up is lighter then most reels.

Got to hit the local bass pond today for a couple hours before heading up north to visit family and chase steelhead...

fished my new ultralight set up... what a blast... the Bass are here, willing, plentaful, whatever else you want to say...

spent about an hour landed 3, lost 2 more...

white bunny streamer was the trick - stripped agressively at the fish.. they are very territorial.

:) :) :)

all in all, a great way to break in the new 5' glass 2wt. thing casts like a dream - I can see myself making very long casts with this thing...

look at that bendo!

Bakersfield bassin'

Bill
2010: Fishing days 19

The things you own end up owning you. It's only after you lose everything that you're free to do anything. ~Fight Club
castaway

Re: Hardy glass 5'

Postby darrin terry » March 19th, 2009, 4:07 pm

That looks like some water I saw on the way home the other day. Just off GSn99? Maybe as a WAG?

EIther way, I am envious. Can't fish till Sat. when I go looking fer bass and carp. :D

Nice way to break her in. :D
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Postby castaway » March 19th, 2009, 4:59 pm

West lake - Truxton Lake...

Urband fishing at its finest.

But, If you live in Bako, and have a few hours to kill - its not so bad.

If I had a float tube, it would be better. I saw some real nice sized fish close to shore - but the brush makes it hard - and I was scared to put my feet in that water.
2010: Fishing days 19

The things you own end up owning you. It's only after you lose everything that you're free to do anything. ~Fight Club
castaway

Postby stanbery » March 20th, 2009, 2:24 am

Billy

Nice couple hours for you.
Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby rkfiske » March 20th, 2009, 7:18 am

I'm jealous! Been eyeing that exact rod for a little while now. How's the action on it? Love the bendo!
"The real truth is, convincing a fish to strike is like playing string with a cat: the exact size and color of the string is probably less important than how you wiggle it. And little cats are easier to fool than big ones." - John Gierach
rkfiske

Return to General Fly Fishing