REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Something For Luc.....

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Something For Luc.....

Postby Wildman » April 21st, 2018, 2:55 pm

Saw this and thought of Luc as it's getting to be that time of the year. Looks like the gal fishing is new at it and is being coached like Luc coaches me. The blowups are always something to see and more fun when the fish is tugging back at you. Here's a link.....

https://venturingangler.com/2018/04/17/video-fly-fishing-for-desert-bass/
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Re: Something For Luc.....

Postby lucfish » April 21st, 2018, 4:21 pm

That's the way I like to popper fish, aggressive pulls, make a commotion. She did have some skills, but the guide knew where the fish were and did a very good job of not only telling her where to cast but explaining why you cast to that particular spot. Popper season has started, was very good last weekend but that cold front knocked the water temp two degrees and it was off today, only one fish came up in an hour and a half and since I had to go to the office cut the session short. Might be a little better tomorrow, welt see.
lucfish

Return to General Fly Fishing