REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Simple way to tie a Blood Knot

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Simple way to tie a Blood Knot

Postby Wildman » May 24th, 2018, 9:36 pm

Anyone who knows me knows I can be challenged tying knots. Lots have tried to help me. I struggle through them. Ironically, I made my living in a career where knots could mean the difference between life and death or injury. Check this out and let my know what you think.

https://news.orvis.com/fly-fishing/video-pro-tip-the-easiest-blood-knot-method-youve-ever-seen
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Re: Simple way to tie a Blood Knot

Postby teejay » May 26th, 2018, 1:23 pm

That's pretty slick. I'll have to try it out.
Thanks!
teejay

Postby Papasequoia » May 26th, 2018, 2:40 pm

You should make that a sticky - I posted it here somewhere about a year ago but darned if I remember where. Great video.
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby duckdog » May 27th, 2018, 11:23 pm

That's great Jim. Thanks for posting it. I don't use a blood knot much but i'm going to put a few toothpicks in my vest and float tube.Of course , a year from now I will wonder why I have toothpicks in my vest and remove them from my vest and float tube.
duckdog

Return to General Fly Fishing