REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

so i fired my self for a month

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

so i fired my self for a month

Postby eleph » March 25th, 2019, 5:57 pm

Going to Kern before run off March 30-April- 7, Camping at Ant C.C. I think it's a good location between the upper and lower. Santa Cruse after that to be entertained by the ?
pete d
eleph

Re: so i fired my self for a month

Postby stanbery » March 25th, 2019, 6:15 pm

Have a good month and have a great time.

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby Wildman » March 25th, 2019, 8:21 pm

Catch some fish!
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby Artin » March 27th, 2019, 11:30 am

Enjoy! Hope you rip into 'em
Post up when you return.
I'm trying to go. We may cross paths. (I'll be there for a 1 day stint though)
Artin
ethics is something you do when no one is watching
Artin

Postby Gary C. » March 27th, 2019, 5:31 pm

If the river kicks into high gear or even just for something different keep in mind that the crappie are about to turn on. If you can hit it right they are a blast right from shore and even better from a float tube. ;)
Gary C.

Postby Artin » March 28th, 2019, 9:06 am

Gary C. wrote:If the river kicks into high gear or even just for something different keep in mind that the crappie are about to turn on. If you can hit it right they are a blast right from shore and even better from a float tube. ;)

That sounds interesting, any particular areas on the lake? I can bring the tube up. Just bought some fresh fins too.

Artin
ethics is something you do when no one is watching
Artin

Postby Gary C. » March 28th, 2019, 11:05 am

Artin wrote:[

That sounds interesting, any particular areas on the lake? I can bring the tube up. Just bought some fresh fins too.

Artin

Nothing that would be useful. There is a line of manmade baskets built for cover in the south fork that used to always produce but I don't think they are letting the water get high enough these days. Around the marinas is always a good place to start. Anywhere that has shallow water cover. It's more about the water temps than anything right now. I've seen posts and pictures on the Kern FB pages that they are starting to catch a few and their sonars are picking them up in deeper water waiting to come in and spawn. The shop should be able to help.
Gary C.

Postby eleph » April 11th, 2019, 4:48 pm

I took a spill loading our trailor and ended up hurting my ribs, it was painfull getting into the truck. We went to Kern anyway and I didn't fish, I would rather recoop in the mouaintains than in frount of the boob tube at home. Read a good book while there, The Emerald Mile by Kevin Fedarko, should be required reading by anyone who likes The Colarado river. Anyway the trip was realxing even w/ no fishing. Off to Santa Cruz Saturday, thanks, Pete
pete d
eleph

Postby stanbery » April 11th, 2019, 6:28 pm

Pete

Heal up and relax.

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Return to General Fly Fishing