REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Big Bear Lodging

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: Big Bear Lodging

Postby rayfound » March 26th, 2009, 10:51 am

You've got PM.
Fishing is the most wonderful thing I do in my life, barring some equally delightful unmentionables.

http://www.adiposefin.com
rayfound

Postby Wildman » March 26th, 2009, 11:13 am

Eat breakfast (more then you can probably eat) with the locals at the Grizzily Manor on the main drag.

Here is their site http://www.bigbearlake.net/restaurants/restdisplay.htm/restid/1072 Never miss a meal there when I am in town fishing the lake.

Not much atmosphere but I am partial to the Big Bear Sizzler for dinners (and the salad bar) out on the East end of town by the Ski areas.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby anacrime » March 26th, 2009, 5:33 pm

just a thought, if you're thinkin about fishing the section of stream that i think you're thinking about fishing, you'd prob be better off staying in AO. I think there's cabins and stuff for rent there. big bear city is quite a long drive from the fishing. probably even longer than staying down the hill
"Whenever I see a photograph of some sportsman grinning over his kill, I am always impressed by the striking moral and aesthetic superiority of the dead animal to the live one."
-Edward Abbey
anacrime

Postby czech flyfisherman » March 26th, 2009, 5:38 pm

Hi DrCreek,

my friend has a cabin there for rent, so if you want I can give him a call for good price :) . Let me know, if you are interested.

Zee.
czech flyfisherman

Postby midger » March 26th, 2009, 7:15 pm

Thelma's on Big Bear Blvd (337 W BB Blvd) or the Lumberjack (1001 W BB Blvd on the Highway 38 as you come into Big Bear from AO) both have good breakfasts. I like Pongs (Japanese-oriental), the Mandarin Garden (501 Valley) at the BBL Airport (Chinese), the Captains Anchorage (42148 Moonridge Road) (Seafood), or Dongio's (Italian/Pizza).

As for where to stay, not much help there as we have a time share over there and it is the only place I've stayed when in BBL.
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby Sasha » March 27th, 2009, 9:40 am

Dr. it is good to see that you are going to get some time on the water. I know with all the stress you got going on it will do ya some good. Have fun and take lots of pics :D
Sasha

Return to General Fly Fishing