REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Pennsylvania fly fishing

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Pennsylvania fly fishing

Postby Eastern Fly » July 11th, 2019, 11:16 am

After perusing through the forum it's obvious that the focus is on the fishing on the western side of the US. I've been fortunate to enjoy opportunities to fish in most regions of the country and have enjoyed catching and releasing many different species of fish on a fly. Now I'm back in one of my favorite areas to fish. In Pa we have both cold water and warm water species as well as salt water opportunities. There are literally thousands of n miles of streams and rivers holding fish. Many of these waterways are very lightly fished due to the remote wilderness areas they are part of. However, all are available to fish.
If there are any forum members,or, visitors that have an interest in the experience of fishing Pennslyvania waters, then I for one would like to know. I personally think the exchange of information on forums such as this one can be of benefit to all who want to improve their knowledge and skill of fly fishing.
Commemts?
Eastern Fly

Re: Pennsylvania fly fishing

Postby stanbery » July 11th, 2019, 5:50 pm

Barrie

Very kind offer.

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby Wildman » July 11th, 2019, 8:38 pm

Barrie-
I, for one, would love to see stories of the fish you are catching in PA and anywhere in the US. You've had access to some iconic waters and would make some interesting reading.

Jim
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby Gary C. » July 11th, 2019, 8:47 pm

I agree, please feel free to share with us.
Gary C.

Postby FIGHTONSC » July 12th, 2019, 6:05 am

Barrie,

Midger (Mike) and I fished the Owyhee yesterday and I mentioned that you had joined the forum.

He looks forward to seeing your PA posts.

Tight lines,

Jeff
THE TRUTH ALWAYS SOUNDS BETTER!
FIGHTONSC

Return to General Fly Fishing