REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

See You On The Other Side.....

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: See You On The Other Side.....

Postby rayfound » October 22nd, 2020, 9:23 am

Looks beautiful Jim.
Fishing is the most wonderful thing I do in my life, barring some equally delightful unmentionables.

http://www.adiposefin.com
rayfound

Postby Papasequoia » October 22nd, 2020, 1:39 pm

Good luck with the move. Can't wait to visit! LOL
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby 1mocast » October 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm

Awesome Jim! Congrats.
Dead emoji's due to Photobucket. :(
1mocast

Postby stanbery » November 2nd, 2020, 8:58 am

Congratulations Jim you will enjoy it.

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby The Steady Foot » November 4th, 2020, 12:14 pm

Wow! I am completely envious, but without any of the negative connotations that often get associated with envy. Congrats on the cabin sale, good luck with the Quail Ridge sale, and good for you for finding a gem in the Gem State!
There's a lake of stew and of whiskey too, you can paddle all around 'em in a big canoe....
The Steady Foot

Postby Wildman » November 4th, 2020, 9:10 pm

Thank you all for the kind comments. Saturday, will make a second trip to Idaho to take the rest of the furniture and stuff along with the wagons, harrows, manure spreader and horse stuff. Once the fencing is installed, I will be heading out for one final time with the seven horses. Temperature when we arrive in Bellvue on Sat evening is 9 degrees with possibility of snow. Now it's going to be sixty the day before so should not be a factor. I am fortunate in having friends willing to help me.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby FIGHTONSC » November 5th, 2020, 9:45 am

Jim,

I sure hope you’ve got some thick horse blankets for your ponies. It’ll probably take a week or two for them to acclimate.

Safe travels,

Jeff
THE TRUTH ALWAYS SOUNDS BETTER!
FIGHTONSC

Postby Sasha » November 5th, 2020, 6:49 pm

Congrats!
Sasha

Postby Wildman » November 6th, 2020, 6:26 am

FIGHTONSC wrote:Jim,

I sure hope you’ve got some thick horse blankets for your ponies. It’ll probably take a week or two for them to acclimate.

Safe travels,

Jeff

Jeff...they have already grown substantial coats as days grow shorter and will add to them, I am sure, when they get out there. I have blankets for all but will probably use one on the 34 year old Belgian mare in wet weather. They all will have a three sided loafing shed to get out of rain, snow and wind but my experience over many years is they will just stand out in it. Nature equips them to tolerate quite a bit. Getting the freeze free water system put in this week that will be six feet under to get below frost line. Gonna be interesting to see this weekend as we make our second trip out as the first real Winter storm comes through.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby FIGHTONSC » November 6th, 2020, 6:46 am

Wildman wrote:
FIGHTONSC wrote:Jim,

Safe travels,

Jeff

Jeff...they have already grown substantial coats as days grow shorter and will add to them, I am sure, when they get out there. I have blankets for all but will probably use one on the 34 year old Belgian mare in wet weather. They all will have a three sided loafing shed to get out of rain, snow and wind but my experience over many years is they will just stand out in it. Nature equips them to tolerate quite a bit. Getting the freeze free water system put in this week that will be six feet under to get below frost line. Gonna be interesting to see this weekend as we make our second trip out as the first real Winter storm comes through.

I was over in Carey (just east of you) hunting ducks when that first cold-snap hit about a week and a half ago and it got down into the low single digits at night. Half of the marsh froze up in one night, so I came back a day early. I’m getting too old to bust ice on top of mud to shoot some mallards.

Welcome to Idaho Jim!
CC500A22-6C22-4A2E-839F-8450DF404C03.jpeg
CC500A22-6C22-4A2E-839F-8450DF404C03.jpeg (205.96 KiB) Viewed 8555 times

EBFA5C15-2DA6-4B3E-B50A-E43ED310843B.jpeg
EBFA5C15-2DA6-4B3E-B50A-E43ED310843B.jpeg (253.88 KiB) Viewed 8555 times
FIGHTONSC

Postby WanderingBlues » November 9th, 2020, 6:59 am

I’ve said enough on our phone conversations, so you know.. But, it goes with our saying that “good things happen to good people..”
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby Wildman » November 13th, 2020, 8:16 am

Thank you all for the kind comments. Got back from another three day 1500 mile round trip load of most of household goods and my 1997 Forerunner who is in a garage for the first time since I've owned it. Waiting on water system and electricity out to where the horse corrals are and then will make what should be the final load. Last trip was interesting dodging storms and snow pretty much both ways. It's starting to get real.
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby FIGHTONSC » November 13th, 2020, 8:27 am

Wildman wrote:Thank you all for the kind comments. Got back from another three day 1500 mile round trip load of most of household goods and my 1997 Forerunner who is in a garage for the first time since I've owned it. Waiting on water system and electricity out to where the horse corrals are and then will make what should be the final load. Last trip was interesting dodging storms and snow pretty much both ways. It's starting to get real.

Looks like you’re going to catch some more snowflakes the next few days, also! Glad you made it safely back to Kansas.
FIGHTONSC

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing