REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

OLD posts...

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

OLD posts...

Postby McFlyfi » January 4th, 2021, 5:14 pm

I used to have a BB for posting all of my reports as a way of keeping a diary of sorts. I eventually moved it to a "proper" php bb, and then got hacked.

I found the original board, before moving it, so my earliest posts are here. 2003-2005, Kern river, some other creeks, a couple of friends posting...
Some of you from the old boards might remember these, others might get a kick out of 15-17 year old posts.

For sure check out the Sespe Creek report from Nov 11, 2003.

http://www.coylesweb.com/wwwboard/wwwboard.html
McFlyfi

OLD posts...

Postby Rasputinj » January 4th, 2021, 9:08 pm

Thanks for sharing, it looks like we were fishing similar waters at that time. Some of those creeks I have not fished since fires hit the creeks.
It was great to read the reports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Rasputinj
Rasputinj

Re: OLD posts...

Postby DarkShadow » January 10th, 2021, 10:37 am

That was pretty awesome, thanks for that!

I used to post reports on a private message board that went dark. I wish I would've kept my reports. I put a lot of time into them!

While I knew that there were a few local blue lines that I hadn't hit up, I was interested to see a few tributaries of the kern on your report. While I've hit up the usual suspects, I was interested in the creek with the waterfall, but I could never get the cojones to drive a forest trail that I had never driven before or had no information on; plus having the Kern right there made that a more viable option.
DarkShadow

Re: OLD posts...

Postby Bernard » January 11th, 2021, 2:05 pm

Oh this is great. Thanks! I cannot even imagine the many message boards that have lost content - and all the hours members put into posts ...
Bernard

Return to General Fly Fishing