REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Drone Risers

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Drone Risers

Postby Bernard » January 11th, 2021, 2:08 pm

I posted a short clip recently on Instagram. It should be shared here as well. High above a flat section of a local stream with deer prints were some rising trout. This was a few days ago. The footage is slightly zoomed-in because I did not want the drone to disturb the fish. Enjoy: https://www.instagram.com/p/CJsHAT2hJOl.
B.
Bernard

Re: Drone Risers

Postby DarkShadow » January 12th, 2021, 7:10 pm

Good to see our locals still have some survivors!

Cool aerial footage.
DarkShadow

Postby John Harper » January 14th, 2021, 9:24 am

That is totally cool!

John
John Harper

Drone Risers

Postby Rasputinj » January 16th, 2021, 6:36 pm

Great video thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Rasputinj
Rasputinj

Postby Gary C. » January 17th, 2021, 3:31 pm

Cool video
Gary C.

Postby Wildman » January 17th, 2021, 5:00 pm

The pressure that your locals get is tremendous. I so love to see the evidence that in spite of all that's been done, there is still wild things that walk and fly and swim in our national forests so close to millions. Thanks for sharing
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby Bernard » January 18th, 2021, 11:13 am

Wildman wrote:The pressure that your locals get is tremendous. I so love to see the evidence that in spite of all that's been done, there is still wild things that walk and fly and swim in our national forests so close to millions. Thanks for sharing

Agreed. Luckily many trout either live in well-hidden spots or far enough from humans to persist. I focus hard on fitness so that I can visit these spots for a long time although it gets harder each year. There is more drone footage that sort of gives the spot away but, as you can see, that's not included. I dropped some critter cams nearby because of the copious Mt. Lion tracks. With some luck I'll have some of that to share soon. On another note, several of our local trickles were actually fishing unusually well this past spring until fires ravaged them. Very very hard not to be heartbroken and I am getting tired of the "science experiment" of waiting and watching to see how they rebound only to be hammered yet again by some sort of calamity .... We've all been hit from so many angles - fish and humans .... sigh .... ok ok ... chin up darnit. Take care everyone!
Bernard

Return to General Fly Fishing