REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

The Last 24 Months

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

The Last 24 Months

Postby Justin » December 30th, 2022, 6:56 pm

Hey Gang,
So I’m just doing my part to keep some life in the lungs of this forum. I’ll add a quick post about my 24 month fish on the fly streak I’m on. Hopefully it will get a few more comments then views but whatever someone’s got to post right?

Thanks to Ray for planting the seed many years ago with the monthly fish challenge. If memory serves, I believe Ray was after a wild Trout each month, I’ve used it to keep me active and just try to catch any fish once a month for the year. The other day I was able to catch a little gem in my local creek to finish out this year and be month # 24 in a row catching a fish. I also have to give Luc a huge shout out for helping me complete this as 3 months my only fish were bass, and man popping for Bass sure is fun, thanks Luc!! I’m not sure how the year ahead will pan out with work obligations piling up but I’m going to try. It’s sure been a fishy few years for me with several new species and some cool new techniques learned. Happy New Year to all you addicts out there!!

CF5A3F8B-169C-4131-B0AA-4399A4A77E1B.jpeg
Here is 2021 Jan top left to Dec bottom right
CF5A3F8B-169C-4131-B0AA-4399A4A77E1B.jpeg (184.88 KiB) Viewed 10681 times

AE917B44-F085-4843-94A8-86FA630E468F.jpeg
This is 2022 with a few firsts, my first 2 Carp, my first and Best popper Bass!
AE917B44-F085-4843-94A8-86FA630E468F.jpeg (193.27 KiB) Viewed 10681 times

It’s been a fun goal to accomplish with several highlights along the way. I really appreciate all the help from several of you all! From Greg (fishfreak) helping me get my 1st Carp on the fly, what a ruckus that was thanks for landing my fish in your net with your toad already in it haha! Finally getting able to share the water with Curtis, after all these years and what a incredible day that was, also getting my first dry dropper double during that epic session, to my fishing buddy Andy always keeping me awake on these insane runs showing up at 4am only to wake up a few hours later to flog the entire day. Also to Luc helping me get the popper & Bass game a bit more dialed in, to getting my PB Tiger & Brook Trout, to my first beautiful Colorado Cutt, to landing my PB Pyramid Cutt taping in at 32” wow what a few years it’s been. I hope to fish with many more of you next year. Here’s to a fishy 2023!!
On to the next!!

Justin
Justin

Re: The Last 24 Months

Postby lucfish » December 30th, 2022, 7:32 pm

Lots of different fish there. Good job.
lucfish

Postby FIGHTONSC » December 31st, 2022, 7:40 am

Thanks Justin, for sharing your last 24 month fishing journey with us as we now head into a new year.

Good luck with your monthly fishing challenge, tight lines and have a Happy New Year!

Regards,

Jeff
THE TRUTH ALWAYS SOUNDS BETTER!
FIGHTONSC

Postby Justin » January 3rd, 2023, 8:38 am

lucfish wrote:Lots of different fish there. Good job.

Thanks Luc it’s been a fun few years for sure! But man popping for Bass has to be about as fun as it gets!!
FIGHTONSC wrote:Thanks Justin, for sharing your last 24 month fishing journey with us as we now head into a new year.

Good luck with your monthly fishing challenge, tight lines and have a Happy New Year!

Regards,

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, as I said earlier, this forum has been so good to me I just want to do my part in keeping it alive. I do wish I would get more comments with the amount of views it has, but it is what it is. Maybe if I stay consistent in posting that part will build up. Anyway I hope you have great year ahead!!
Justin

Postby Gary C. » January 3rd, 2023, 9:44 am

Excellent post Justin. Your two year accomplishment is admirable and I'm straight up jealous.
Gary C.

Postby DarkShadow » January 4th, 2023, 1:16 pm

Justin,

Awesome pics and run down of the past 2 years. Time sure flies.
DarkShadow

Postby Justin » January 4th, 2023, 8:41 pm

Gary C. wrote:Excellent post Justin. Your two year accomplishment is admirable and I'm straight up jealous.

Thanks Gary much appreciated. I’d love to share some water with you and check a month while doing so. Let’s make it a point to fish together this year.
DarkShadow wrote:Justin,

Thanks man it’s been a blast and a blur all in one haha! But yea the years are clicking away faster and faster each year it seems!!
Justin

Postby Gary C. » January 5th, 2023, 9:51 am

Justin wrote:
Gary C. wrote:Excellent post Justin. Your two year accomplishment is admirable and I'm straight up jealous.

Thanks Gary much appreciated. I’d love to share some water with you and check a month while doing so. Let’s make it a point to fish together this year.
DarkShadow wrote:Justin,

Thanks man it’s been a blast and a blur all in one haha! But yea the years are clicking away faster and faster each year it seems!!

I'd love to fling a few with you.
Gary C.

Postby Papasequoia » January 7th, 2023, 3:20 pm

What a nice two years! I remember when I used to fish that much. Maybe you should come up here to the PNW and give me a nudge. However, with buying a home, retiring, getting on Medicare and a few medical procedures I think we are finally about ready to relax and do some of the things we had planned. Fishing is one of those things. Hopefully I can join you in adding some content to the forum. Cheers!
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby Justin » January 12th, 2023, 8:38 pm

Papasequoia wrote:What a nice two years! I remember when I used to fish that much. Maybe you should come up here to the PNW and give me a nudge. However, with buying a home, retiring, getting on Medicare and a few medical procedures I think we are finally about ready to relax and do some of the things we had planned. Fishing is one of those things. Hopefully I can join you in adding some content to the forum. Cheers!

I’d be happy to come give you a nudge haha just say the word. I hope all is well and you do begin to get some time to relax and do some of the planned things. As my father in law has always said to me “this retirement thing is not for wussies” I do miss reading your posts and look forward to your upcoming contributions. Hmmm I got an idea, maybe I should throw a party and the requirement to get in is having to post on the forum within the last 3 months, just not sure hanging out in Pomona is much of a draw haha
Justin

Return to General Fly Fishing