REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Handling Thoughts II

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: Handling Thoughts II

Postby briansII » July 1st, 2009, 8:36 am

midger wrote:
briansII wrote:
How to handle this subject. Friendly PM? Blast them! Try your best to let it slide. Continue to remind folks by posting subjects on handling. Drink your concerns away. :rockon: ;) But really, what, if anything, would reach folks.

briansII

Uh, I'd say we either draw and quarter them or give them an enema with a fire hydrant. Both have been known to successfully rehab fish maulers, fish mud draggers, and fish squeezers. ;) :lol:

Don't you think that's a bit extreme. I mean, we need to conserve water and all.......

briansII
briansII

Postby Sasha » July 1st, 2009, 12:06 pm

briansII wrote:
midger wrote:
briansII wrote:
How to handle this subject. Friendly PM? Blast them! Try your best to let it slide. Continue to remind folks by posting subjects on handling. Drink your concerns away. :rockon: ;) But really, what, if anything, would reach folks.

briansII

Uh, I'd say we either draw and quarter them or give them an enema with a fire hydrant. Both have been known to successfully rehab fish maulers, fish mud draggers, and fish squeezers. ;) :lol:

Don't you think that's a bit extreme. I mean, we need to conserve water and all.......

briansII

Nah this venue or a friendly PM are probably the best ways to discuss these things. I know if someone blasted me I would just tell them to STFU and GTFO. But if I was to get a friendly PM instead I would be receptive.
Sasha

Postby castaway » July 1st, 2009, 2:00 pm

If you see me mishandling fish... a friendly reminder would work...

but you wont... I really dont take pictures of fish anymore, maybe one or two per trip - or if its something special....

But those darn bluegil and bass have such hard mouths.... it doesnt work - besides Bass and bluegill are much hardier.

I have gotten in the habbit of letting the fish pop off at my feet. Sometimes catching gets in the way of fishing.
2010: Fishing days 19

The things you own end up owning you. It's only after you lose everything that you're free to do anything. ~Fight Club
castaway

Postby rayfound » July 1st, 2009, 9:54 pm

Bill, not that its not an issue with bass and bluegill, but its a heck of a lot less of an issue... look at what those bass live through in tournaments, and still survive.
Fishing is the most wonderful thing I do in my life, barring some equally delightful unmentionables.

http://www.adiposefin.com
rayfound

Postby BirdDog » July 1st, 2009, 10:15 pm

I find it intetresting that any fish picture, with fish powder coated with dirt and grass, finds its way onto a flyfishing forum and doesnt get blasted. We are supose to subscribe to a certain typr of fishing, menaing we can catch and safely release fish to fight another day ( lets not get into mortality rates in this discussion). The fact that people continue to post these types of pictures just goes to show they dont know they are doing anything wrong. They, I, We, need the reminder when we have slipped up. I will add in the fact that maybe we shold photo a few fish a trip, not everyone caught. I usually try to photo my first fish....and then any rather larg fish caught. 25 photos of 25 different 6inch goldens isnt worth the stress put on all those fish. JMO
FISH BIG BUSHY DRIES!!!!
BirdDog

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing