REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Thanks to David!!!!

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Thanks to David!!!!

Postby Raider » April 11th, 2009, 2:27 pm

Hello all, Raider here. As many of you know, I was recently awarded Fly Fisher of the Year for the SSFFC. I am very honored and humbled by this. After I found out I had been selected, I've been reminiscing about the few years I've been flyfishing. I keep thinking of all the help and friendship I recieved from David. I usually would show up in Kernville early and guess what, David usually would show up early. Just luck, I guess.... David would patiently and correctly answer all my questions, the same questions he answered all day, every day with instructions that I easily understood and could put into practice. He always had a new fly or technique for me to try. Usually, properly done they worked better than anything I could have come up with on my own. All the times I couldn't figure it out, I knew I could count on David to help. I must have been such a pain!!!! David never complained or showed any signs that he was bothered at all. Through all this I was shown the importance of helping others in this sport.
More than teacher and mentor, David has been a good friend. I value this more than almost anything in my life. For this, I'll always be thankful. David, I could never have achieved this award without you, Thanks so much!!!! AllenImage
Thanks again, David!!!!
Raider

Re: Thanks to David!!!!

Postby fflutterffly » April 11th, 2009, 4:57 pm

Raider this is a wonderful award bestowed on a great guy. And you are right, David is a champ to many of us. :bananadance:
EVERY DAY A VICTORY, EVERY YEAR A TRIUMPH
fflutterffly

Postby Benny » April 11th, 2009, 5:44 pm

WTG Allen Image
Benny

Postby STMFlyGuide » April 11th, 2009, 10:39 pm

Allen... I am glad to be one of the people that could help you along the way... I cant think of anyone whose life is consumed by fly fishing more than you are... (except for me of course :bananadance: ) You are the obvious candidate for this award... Great work on everything you have done with fly fishing.. See you on the rivers... David
Mammoth Lakes Fly Fishing Guide and Fly Shop in Bishop Ca

http://www.sierratroutmagnet.com
STMFlyGuide

Postby BradW » April 12th, 2009, 7:36 am

Allen,
Although I've never spent time on the river with David, I've been the benefit of his knowledge from the time I have spent of the water with you. You've always been willing to share his knowledge (okay, probably not all of his secrets :o ) and tidbits on how find the fish. I owe most of my success (okay no jokes) to you.

Brad
BradW

Postby DubL HauL » April 12th, 2009, 10:31 am

Raider

Congratulations on the award you deserve it. I can also say that you have been a great help to me and Nanette on the water. Thanks to both you and David for being such great fisherman and mentors.

Andy
DubL HauL

Return to General Fly Fishing