REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Setting the record strait..Why I am on the East Side!

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Good Luck David!

Postby midger » August 14th, 2008, 10:25 am

I can understand the move as the Kernville area is limited in fishing opportunities. Pelletheads have never been my "bag" and the consistency of the "diaper" hatch on the river between town and the JD bridge would have turned me off really quickly--come to think of it, it did. ;)

You'll do well in your new digs. Keep up the good work and get those sons out every chance you can as they grow up very quickly. I know this from the experience with my daughters.

Tight lines!
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Re: Setting the record strait..Why I am on the East Side!

Postby Flyjunkie » August 15th, 2008, 7:01 am

Yeah, I wondered about you being Banned on the KFFB... Seemed not right to me...

You Never have had to explain yourself to me Dave, You're My Friend and I've enjoyed the Numerous times We've fished together on the Kern...

I'll have to come up and work the East Side with you ASAP.... (probably this coming Winter, we'll get crazy on the "Low O")

You got My Cell # and I got Yours.... :)

as regards to Carp, Dave has plenty to target in the Lower Owens below the Wild Trout Section... There's Tons of them down there.... ;)
"...I became Insane, with long intervals of Horrible Sanity..." ~ Edgar Allan Poe
Flyjunkie

Postby KRoberts1 » August 16th, 2008, 12:39 am

David,

Having grew up fishing the E. Sierra's and all its possibilities, I know what you are saying. I've taken many more large fish from their waters than I have ever seen from the Kern and its tribs. They are nice cause they're a day trip away. But when I want to really spend quality time fishing, I head to the E. Walker, or the Upper Owens to toss a few streamer or small bugs, mostly at wild fish. When the midge, damsel or perch bite on Crowley is happening, there's nothing better. I'm looking forward to trying the Lower O below Tinnemaha this winter with you. Glad to have a friend available to share experiences with. I don't think you'll lack for something to fish there.

keith
KRoberts1

Postby stanbery » August 17th, 2008, 7:33 am

David

I remember the OG post and it was deleted very quick, but it was a very good read.

Glad to see you on this board and the fishing is a lot better on the East side for hogs.

So have you found any good Carp spots yet?

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby Eric » August 18th, 2008, 5:30 pm

David, Can't believe it took you four years to make the move.. Getting banned really sucks!!!
Eric
Eric

Postby Barrie Mann » August 20th, 2008, 12:01 pm

David,
You have no reason to set the record straight. Your reasons for doing what you did are private and should remain that way. As for beinng "Banned" from the Kern Board, well that's just petty. Good luck my friend I'll be fishing in yuour neck of the woods before long, maybe I'll see you there.
Barrie Mann

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing