REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Big Kudos To Temple Fork Outfitters

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Big Kudos To Temple Fork Outfitters

Postby Benny » April 13th, 2009, 1:08 pm

One of the guides on my Temple Fork Outfitters TiCrX 8wt broke, so I called TFO and told the nice lady on the phone I lost the warranty card. Her reply was, "It doesn't matter if you have your warranty card, TFO honers all there warranties, card or not." She told me to go ahead and send in the rod and they would fix it or replace it. All I have to do is pay for shipping. A big thank you to Temple Fork Outfitters for your outstanding customer service :bananadance:
Benny

Re: Big Kudos To Temple Fork Outfitters

Postby Danny McB » April 13th, 2009, 1:33 pm

Nice Benny!

I have put thier warranty to the test twice now and cant say enough about them.
Once it was fixed and back to me in three days the other was a brand new rod in four days.

Danny
Danny McB

Postby darrin terry » April 13th, 2009, 2:20 pm

You gotta love a company that backs up their warranty like TFO does. I know most of the rod companies out there do, but considering how businesses in some sectors fight such things, it's nice to know there are others that stand firmly behind the product.

Good for you Benny.
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Postby anacrime » April 13th, 2009, 3:49 pm

they are quite good. i sent in my 2wt (that i bought used) when i lost half of it hiking. had it back within a week!
"Whenever I see a photograph of some sportsman grinning over his kill, I am always impressed by the striking moral and aesthetic superiority of the dead animal to the live one."
-Edward Abbey
anacrime

Postby rayfound » April 13th, 2009, 4:09 pm

anacrime wrote:i sent in my 2wt (that i bought used) when i lost half of it hiking.

Wow... I don't know that losing it was covered!
Fishing is the most wonderful thing I do in my life, barring some equally delightful unmentionables.

http://www.adiposefin.com
rayfound

Postby RichardCullip » April 13th, 2009, 4:38 pm

Over the past couple of years I've had to send back three different TFO rods (all due to user error) for repair. They replaced the broken tips on two of the rods with a new section and send me a brand new rod on the other. Great service with the rods back in my hand very quickly (less than a week round trip). Kudos to TFO for having great customer service.
Life is good. Eternal life is better!

Richard
RichardCullip

Postby tycaster » April 14th, 2009, 3:29 pm

I slammed my the tip of my Dad's rod in the truck door and got the same great service.
tycaster

Postby apache trout » April 14th, 2009, 4:30 pm

I also have used there warranty dept a number of times and have had great experiences...... Getting ready to send a 4 wt in that I seem to like to break :doh: I also have great things to say about Action Optics..... I have never dealt with the warranty dept. directly but my local flyshop keeps getting me new glasses, Just picked up two pairs today seem to have about a 1 1/2 turn around. Send out new glasses and cases each time.
Zach
apache trout

Postby gabe » April 15th, 2009, 1:30 pm

about time you got that fixed. ha!
going to come in handy when you come visit me up North for the Steelies and Salmon...!!!
gabe

Postby Benny » April 15th, 2009, 1:41 pm

gabe wrote:about time you got that fixed. ha!
going to come in handy when you come visit me up North for the Steelies and Salmon...!!!

Yeah it will, just make sure you have that spare bedroom ready for me, since Antonio called dibs on the couch :D
Benny

Return to General Fly Fishing