REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Great list for why you need to go fishing

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Great list for why you need to go fishing

Postby stanbery » April 26th, 2009, 1:47 am

List found on the rodbuildingfourm
The Trout Opener is today!! Having a hard time explaining to your significant other why you need to take another fishing trip? Refer to our handy list, develop your strategy, and your reel will be screaming in no time!

We've spent a lot of time talking to guests who should be in the 'Fishing Trip Justification' Hall of Fame. Read and learn.

1) It's good for business. My best client/potential client/business partner and I will improve our relationship so much that the trip will easily pay for itself.

2) It's good for the family. This will be an incredible opportunity for me to spend quality time with my son/granddaughter/father-in-law. [This is probably the most legitimate justification on the list.]

3) I need a break. I've been working really hard in this difficult economy, and I'm at my wit's end.

4) I'll be happier/more relaxed/more productive when I get back. After this time off, I'll be able so recharged that I'll easily finish that house project/land that big client/finish our tax return.

5) You can take a trip too. While I'm gone/when I get back, you can take that spa/birdwatching/Vegas trip you've been talking about.

6) You can relax/get a lot done while I'm gone. Having me out of your hair will make for a really nice week. Think of all the time to yourself!

7) I need to use all my expensive gear/testing a new taper/rod I built. Going on this trip will increase the return on investment on all the nice gear I've bought. [And this is maybe the least legitimate - use with caution.]

8) It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. These dates are never available, and I've always wanted to go. It may be the only time that my best friend/business partner/potential client can make the trip.

9) I'll buy you some nice jewelry. Look, bribery works sometimes, OK? LOL

10) I really like to fish, and it's important to me. Sometimes honesty works too.

Take care,
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Re: Great list for why you need to go fishing

Postby midger » April 26th, 2009, 6:44 am

I think I'd scratch #7 off the list unless you want to sing soprano and never get out again. Heck, my wife thinks I only own 2-3 rods. ;)
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Return to General Fly Fishing