REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Fly Fishing Maps - Montana and Wyoming

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Fly Fishing Maps - Montana and Wyoming

Postby abarbs30 » May 19th, 2009, 1:32 pm

Does anyone know of a solid publisher of Fly Fishing maps. I have a few for some of the prominent Colorado streams, but I need to find ones for the North Platte, Madison, Big Horn, Blackfoot, and Missouri. Ideally the map needs to have access points, camping, and possibly a hatch chart.
Thanks,
Adam
abarbs30

Re: Fly Fishing Maps - Montana and Wyoming

Postby anacrime » May 19th, 2009, 4:36 pm

Wow I didn't know such maps existed! Link me?
"Whenever I see a photograph of some sportsman grinning over his kill, I am always impressed by the striking moral and aesthetic superiority of the dead animal to the live one."
-Edward Abbey
anacrime

Postby WatchinTheWater » May 20th, 2009, 7:09 am

Try The Fly Fishers Guide to Montana, and The Fly Fishers Guide to Wyoming. Those waters are all covered and many more. The entire series is great and travel with me on every road trip (I also have the Utah and Colorado versions). Maps with access points, photos, written directions, and hatch charts accompany a general description of the popular waters, and some of their tribs, in each state. Campsites and the amennities available, including flyshops and guides, in nearby towns and cities are also listed. The books have been instrumental in the planning and adjusting of plans on all of my trips.
Dave
WTW
WatchinTheWater

Postby abarbs30 » May 25th, 2009, 11:04 am

Thanks Dave, I just picked up The Fly Fishers Guide to Colorado and it is a great book! I'll be doing the same for Wyoming and Montana!
abarbs30

Return to General Fly Fishing