REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

! LOST and FOUND !

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

! LOST and FOUND !

Postby flybob » May 25th, 2009, 2:04 pm

On a recent trip to the back woods somewhere in S. Cal, found this swirling around in a back eddy.
I netted it, opened it and was totally disgusted with all the muck that had grown in the box!
The flies were totally unrecognizable!
I brought it home took all the flies out and washed them in a mayo jar.
Dried them out and put'em back in the box.

There are some really nice patterns in here and I am sure there are a few bucks invested.
I know I would be sick if I lost one of my treasured boxes.

If you recognize this box, either it being yours or someone you know, email me and we will discuss where it was lost, and I will gladly ship it to it's rightful owner.

Bob

"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Re: ! LOST and FOUND !

Postby duckdog » May 25th, 2009, 4:37 pm

bob, your a good man.
duckdog

Postby Papasequoia » May 25th, 2009, 10:27 pm

So, I * my head to the right trying to read the person's name. Hmmm, looks like an S, an H, a D and then maybe U, I H, N? Hmmm, that doesn't make sense. So, I try again, maybe the first H is actually a T and an I. Still doesn't make sense. Then I took another sip of wine. Then I * my head to the left.... :D
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby Benny » May 25th, 2009, 10:32 pm

Have another drink :lol: This is what I got out of looking at the letters on the box "Shawhn" but I may have had to many beers earlier :?
Benny

Postby anacrime » May 25th, 2009, 10:33 pm

lol i did the same thing. fly fishers are freakin stoopid
"Whenever I see a photograph of some sportsman grinning over his kill, I am always impressed by the striking moral and aesthetic superiority of the dead animal to the live one."
-Edward Abbey
anacrime

Postby flybob » May 26th, 2009, 6:49 am

:funnyup: :funnyup: :funnyup: :funnyup: :funnyup: :funnyup: :funnyup:

Ok, now I have heard it all......I should of posted the pic in the right orientation!
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby rkfiske » May 26th, 2009, 7:17 am

Papasequoia wrote:So, I * my head to the right trying to read the person's name. Hmmm, looks like an S, an H, a D and then maybe U, I H, N? Hmmm, that doesn't make sense. So, I try again, maybe the first H is actually a T and an I. Still doesn't make sense. Then I took another sip of wine. Then I * my head to the left.... :D

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who sat here staring at it the wrong way for a long time!!
"The real truth is, convincing a fish to strike is like playing string with a cat: the exact size and color of the string is probably less important than how you wiggle it. And little cats are easier to fool than big ones." - John Gierach
rkfiske

Postby Rob909 » May 26th, 2009, 7:20 am

Add me to the dumbass list as well because I did the same thing :doh: :doh: :doh:

Rob
Rob909

Postby rayfound » May 26th, 2009, 7:25 am

Me 2.
Fishing is the most wonderful thing I do in my life, barring some equally delightful unmentionables.

http://www.adiposefin.com
rayfound

Postby Benny » May 26th, 2009, 8:00 am

OK, now that I'm sober and suffering from a huge headache, I could see that what it says. Wow, talk about being in a drunken stupor :oops:
Benny

Postby Eric » May 26th, 2009, 8:12 am

Rob909 wrote:Add me to the dumbass list as well because I did the same thing :doh: :doh: :doh:

Rob

Add me to the list. Good reminder to label your boxs with your name and address.
Eric
Eric

Postby unskunkable » May 26th, 2009, 4:52 pm

Eric wrote:
Rob909 wrote:Add me to the dumbass list as well because I did the same thing :doh: :doh: :doh:

Rob

Add me to the list. Good reminder to label your boxs with your name and address.
Eric

yup me too
unskunkable

Postby castaway » May 26th, 2009, 4:56 pm

guilty as charged...
2010: Fishing days 19

The things you own end up owning you. It's only after you lose everything that you're free to do anything. ~Fight Club
castaway

Postby Trootfisher » May 26th, 2009, 7:51 pm

wow, that box brings back memories.
It's not mine, but I have an old one exactly like it, as I grew up about 4 miles from the Upstream
Shop in Los Gatos, and used to shop there back in the early 90's. Bought my first "real" fly rod and reel there- Orvis Battenkill 5/6 Sage Graphite II 9' 5 wt. Cortland 444SL fly line. Still have that combo, too (not the line). That shop is no longer there, now.

anyway, looks like some other poor shmo from the Bay Area got stuck living down here, just like me.
Trootfisher

Postby fflutterffly » May 28th, 2009, 7:38 pm

How can you guys not know what was written on that box? How many words begin with "NYM". LIke 22 that I could find. OY! And our higher education is in the hands of....? Lov ya :grouphug:
EVERY DAY A VICTORY, EVERY YEAR A TRIUMPH
fflutterffly

Return to General Fly Fishing