REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Internet Shops

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: Internet Shops

Postby briansII » June 2nd, 2009, 9:26 am

planettrout wrote:Ck. out Harry Mason's deals...

http://www.troutflies.com/

PT/TB :rockon:

I forgot to mention Harry too. Very high quality flies, and he's a Ca. local. Shipping is very fast.

briansII
briansII

Postby midger » June 2nd, 2009, 4:20 pm

Papasequoia wrote:
Sasha wrote:Oh midger I don't know if you knew this but he expanded his shop and also carries Sage now.

Midger isn't reading this thread anymore. He is too embarrassed that he admitted that he can't tie "size 18 royal wulff's, size 20 adams, or a time consuming hopper pattern." Oh how the mighty have fallen. Image

I didn't know they carried Sage, as I haven't been in his store since last August.

Jon,
And how often do I throw wulffs and small adams? Probably purchased a grand total of 3-4 dozen flies the past 4-5 years compared to literally thousands tied. :lol: Plus I can tie them in a pinch, I'm just not as fast doing it as I like to crank out a couple dozen an hour to make it worth my time...... ;) :lol:
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby Papasequoia » June 2nd, 2009, 7:17 pm

What? After that last outing on Caddis Blizzard Creek I though we had you converted to 99% dry flies? C'mon, I know you can whip out some #28 parachute adams! Here is a picture (bracketed) of what they look like:

[ . ] :rockon:
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby stanbery » June 4th, 2009, 3:00 am

Papasequoia wrote:
Sasha wrote:Oh midger I don't know if you knew this but he expanded his shop and also carries Sage now.

Midger isn't reading this thread anymore. He is too embarrassed that he admitted that he can't tie "size 18 royal wulff's, size 20 adams, or a time consuming hopper pattern." Oh how the mighty have fallen. Image

Jon

Now that is just funny.

Mike

Dont feel bad I dont tie anything smaller then a size 14 :rockon: :rockon:

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby BirdDog » June 4th, 2009, 8:00 pm

Ordered a bunch from RIVERBUM. It seemed to me riverbum was quite a bit more but it had a better selection of more specific type of flies I was after. They had good selection and great photos. I will let everyone know how they turn out.
FISH BIG BUSHY DRIES!!!!
BirdDog

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing