REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Where o' where?

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Where o' where?

Postby fflutterffly » June 9th, 2009, 9:15 am

May is a difficult time to take a vacation. The spring thaw is in full rush for many of the rivers or most of the continent is still under snow. We've struggled with this problem for many years and now I'd like to hear some suggestions. We have 18 days off to fish. It has to be either in the USA or Canada. Please. Where?
EVERY DAY A VICTORY, EVERY YEAR A TRIUMPH
fflutterffly

Re: Where o' where?

Postby tycaster » June 9th, 2009, 9:31 am

Canada. 8-)
tycaster

Postby midger » June 9th, 2009, 10:13 am

Tail water fisheries like the Green, San Juan, Owyhee, etc generally fish well in May. Most western non-dammed streams will be iffy as runoff may or may not be a factor, so I wouldn't make vacation plans based on those being fishable. Good luck.
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby NorcalBob » June 9th, 2009, 12:58 pm

You are absolutely correct. May is hit or miss time in CA, an absolute crap shoot. I've had some of my best fishing in May, and I've had some of my worst fishing in May! :stupid:
My advice--pick a different month for vacation!!! :gun: :gun: :gun: :deadhorse:
NorcalBob

Return to General Fly Fishing