REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Hardy customer service

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Hardy customer service

Postby castaway » June 26th, 2009, 12:01 am

I recently broke my 5' Hrady glass...

I emailed them to request information on shipping and handling charges.... well thy have still not got back to me. Its been 4 days.

Im going to call them tomorrow.

Has anyone else worked with Hardy?
2010: Fishing days 19

The things you own end up owning you. It's only after you lose everything that you're free to do anything. ~Fight Club
castaway

Re: Hardy customer service

Postby fly addict » June 26th, 2009, 7:33 am

I hope they take care of the problem with your rod. Keep us posted on the outcome. I was checking out one of there new glass rod myself. I would be bummed to hear that they are slow in taking care of problems like yours. :x
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

Postby castaway » June 26th, 2009, 9:44 am

I just called Hardy and got a great response.

Told to mail it in with a copy of the warrenty card, no questions asked.

They also told me that the shipping and handling might be waved.

So thats great news. Its going in the mail today.

On a side note. I do not have a stamp on my warrenty card (I got it off ebay), again no questions asked from Hardy.

However, going forward - I am going to buy from dealers.

The Spot ... Has,had,will have (Im sorry, I know its a sensitive subject) These Hardy rods.... Next time I will take the drive to buy from a Hardy dealer.

The things you own end up owning you. It's only after you lose everything that you're free to do anything. ~Fight Club
castaway

Postby Ol' Bedford » June 26th, 2009, 4:49 pm

I phoned Hardy U.S.A. today regarding a couple of reels that I am selling and received good service. You can get their toll-free number at their website.
Ol' Bedford

Postby castaway » July 7th, 2009, 8:09 am

1 day turn around on a broken rod... replaced and shipped the same day they got it!!

GOOD STUFF!!!!

No charge for shipping and handling

castaway

Postby rkfiske » July 7th, 2009, 12:46 pm

Wow impressive! So That 5' glass from them has been something I've been staring at for awhile... how do you like it?
"The real truth is, convincing a fish to strike is like playing string with a cat: the exact size and color of the string is probably less important than how you wiggle it. And little cats are easier to fool than big ones." - John Gierach
rkfiske

Postby Flyjunkie » July 7th, 2009, 1:07 pm

Hardy USA takes very good care of their Customers.. We've sent a Number of Rods over the past few years to them and the Turn over time is on Parr with Other top notch companies....

I Now am the Proud Owner of one of their "ZANE" Saltwater rods... (9' 12wt. with fore grip) and I am confident that when/if it snaps, I'll be taken care of in a timely fashion..

By the way, that Zane is a Joy to cast and has become, after only one trip fishing with it, My #1 Choice for them Big ones I am known to target... ;)
"...I became Insane, with long intervals of Horrible Sanity..." ~ Edgar Allan Poe
Flyjunkie

Postby castaway » July 7th, 2009, 1:24 pm

the 5 footer... umm..

Its very specific in its use... I loaded it with 2wt wulff triangle tapper... I think it needs a little more... Maybe Rio gold 2wt. (probably because the places I use it... I really never have more than 2-3 feet of fly line out)

Its a tiny, super light rod... perfect for small brushy creeks and thats about it.

I love it for that. Its the softest rod, most delicate rod I have ever played with.

It takes some getting used to - I was missing almost every strike with it, till I realized that I actually had to SET the hook with it... my graphite 2wts pretty much to set themselves. the Hardy is so soft that you can really lay into the hook set on the 8" fish and they dont go flying!

Even though its weighted as a 2wt... it is super fine.. and much lighter in hand than any other 2wt I have felt.

With that said... its very specific in its use.. or limited in its use... depends on how you look at it.

With a 8" fish on... it looks like a hoola hoop cut in half... pretty fun.

If your ever in Bako... let me know, you can give her a test drive.

If I could learn how to catch my local stripers and carp... the Zane 8wt looks nice...

I still want to do a streamside comparison with a Sage 0wt..

castaway

Postby fflutterffly » July 8th, 2009, 6:15 am

I would like to give everyone one piece of advice, which I learned the hard way with a non-fly fishing manufacturer:
Always request an e-mail, letter or text message affirming the phone call and conditions discussed and agreed upon, ie shipment payments.
EVERY DAY A VICTORY, EVERY YEAR A TRIUMPH
fflutterffly

Return to General Fly Fishing