REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

HAPPY 4th OF JULY--now go fishing!

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

HAPPY 4th OF JULY--now go fishing!

Postby midger » July 4th, 2009, 6:48 am

Hope everyone has a happy holiday and gets out to fish. I made it out yesterday, but today I get to continue painting the house, but will leave Tuesday for Idaho and my two month holiday.

"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Re: HAPPY 4th OF JULY--now go fishing!

Postby rayfound » July 4th, 2009, 6:54 am

Well, pretty much all of us are envious of you Mike.

I wish I could go fishing, but I am sick (for my first Independence Day as a Citizen!). Yesterday's fever peaked at 103.5, hopefully by tomorrow, I'll feel good enough to leave the house.
Fishing is the most wonderful thing I do in my life, barring some equally delightful unmentionables.

http://www.adiposefin.com
rayfound

Postby midger » July 4th, 2009, 7:05 am

Sorry to hear about that Ray. That's a very high fever for an adult, so hope you get it to break and that you get well soon. There will be many more 4ths for you--not that that is any consolation.
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby beachbum » July 4th, 2009, 8:19 am

Happy 4th of July! Have a safe, and fantastic day!

Ray, sorry to hear you are under the weather. Take good care, and get better soon!

Mike, two months? I am waaaay jealous. Have a great trip, and post lots of pics of your adventures!
Set the hook!
beachbum

Postby Sasha » July 4th, 2009, 3:56 pm

Happy 4th everybody!

Have fun in ID midger ;)
Sasha

Postby Flyjunkie » July 4th, 2009, 5:17 pm

Hey Ray... The Fever is the Ultimate Test of becoming a Citizen.. (and, of Course, they do not explain this to you in the Application).....

MIKE... Happy 4th to you as well... Have a Rippin' good time in Idaho... ( I KNOW You will...)
"...I became Insane, with long intervals of Horrible Sanity..." ~ Edgar Allan Poe
Flyjunkie

Postby ashtree1 » July 4th, 2009, 6:51 pm

Happy 4th of July guys, man the temps are nothing nice right now. Woke up this morning singing "I was born in the USA" the boss goes good with a beer on the 4th. Have a great one guys
ashtree1

Postby Eric » July 5th, 2009, 10:03 am

Hope everyone enjoyed the 4th. Mike you got to love life when you can get two months vacation.
Eric
Eric

Return to General Fly Fishing