REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Am I over reacting?

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: Am I over reacting?

Postby g-man_jr » July 14th, 2009, 5:12 pm

Gentlemen, my hats off you all. I am new to this and several other forums. However, this has been some of the best reading I have seen yet. I have been glued to the screen. The opinions expressed hear have been well thought out and written in the true spirit of a forum discussion. This topic is very popular on the boards now for obvious reasons. You all have given me reason to pause and think through both sides of the issue. Both sides have made very good points. I have thoroughly enjoyed the reading and wish to thank those who have contributed their opinions here.

G-Man_Jr
g-man_jr

Postby Hatch71 » July 14th, 2009, 11:22 pm

I understand boh sides. But as someone new to the sport I have learned a great deal here> and Everone is so friendly onthis site not to tech .... I understand some spots are definately private PM types. But if you google and there are page deicated to it and DFG post a calendar on their site of when it is stocked I would say it not a private spot... just my two cents :0

What I have been really over reacting on is all these pictures on guys that are still pulling fish from the KErn and spots where they are being stocked... IT kills me to see people taking fish from waters that in my mind are my private spots :) Good debate though..... This is good
Hatch71

Postby duckdog » July 16th, 2009, 8:50 am

i cringe when i see an article about an area that i fish or hunt. i don't like it , but it's going to happen , i can't control what other people say. most of my current best spots are a result of finding people in my former best spots. you make the best of the situation. hot spoting doesn't really get me angry, but bully's do. death threats, for writing an artical about a fishing spot? are you kidding me? i have no patience for that , none,zippo. in fact bully's should be fed a steady diet of knee's and elbow's. just beat the snot out of them....hmmm... you know, sitting here, looking at that last sentence or two,...maybe not so good. maybe i should bring that one up in theropy this week ? A.O,i hope that you contacted the authorities about those death threats? stuff like that cannot be tollerated, it's FISHING ! and death threats are NOT a sign of a persons passion , they are criminal! honestly, the thought of bait guy's lurking on web site's is kind of creepy, and i have seen bait guy's hanging around under bridges waiting for the stocking truck..sayyy...wait a min. hanging around under bridges, lurking,....what else hangs under bridges and lurks?...TROLLS ! .... OH WOW BAIT GUY'S ARE TROLLS ! i love this web site, i learn so much. ........ ANY WAY.... i don't think that other fishermen , in most cases, are the real threat to our fisheries. poor logging practices, mine's ,development, and water use issue's are the bigger problem. look at hot creek, tons of fishing pressure, still, tons of fish. development, and water use in the town of mammoth lakes WILL kill that river. the east walker, is all about water use down river. i'm just sayin.-mike
duckdog

Postby castaway » July 16th, 2009, 9:14 am

Mr. Duckdog,

You make a good point about pressure not being the oly thing that kills a fishery... but sometimes we are all a bit selfish... I want to fish a section of water that is unmolested, and I can go there and be sure I will not see a sole. I think thats one of the reasons I get upset when my fav. locations are outed. I like to say its to protect the fish, but honestly, I am selfish; I want my alone time.

I think the same can be said about everyone... I would assume.
2010: Fishing days 19

The things you own end up owning you. It's only after you lose everything that you're free to do anything. ~Fight Club
castaway

Postby duckdog » July 17th, 2009, 6:59 am

mr. castaway , i know what you mean, believe me , the last thing i want to see when i go fishing is a crowd.....well thats not really the last thing, the LAST THING i want to see when i go fishing is a mountain lion crouched in the grass 5 feet away from me. so crowds are maybe the second to last thing. i don't think it's selfish to want to fish unmolsted by crowds, it's kinda normal, and understandable. the harder you work to get there , the more you expect it. and i agree that some areas can't handle the extreeem pressure that some other areas can. like i said , when i see my spots getting pub. i cringe, even places like the east w. or hot cr. , when each new article comes out i just cringe.
duckdog

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing