REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Hotspotting, or how to start a fire without matches......

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: Hotspotting, or how to start a fire without matches......

Postby Sasha » September 22nd, 2009, 2:25 pm

midger wrote:
Oh, and Sasha, yes those are well known spots, so by all means post a good report from the outing on Westfly. They love that type of report-(actually it seems to have mellowed some the past couple of years)- ;) :lol:

Nah too many people * on westfly so the few times I post a report they are quite different than the ones I post here. I actually don’t really like that forum at all (except for the friends I met because of that forum). I and many others converse via PM there but that’s about it.

Like my last report to the river west. I think my report over there went something like this: A Little Fishing......... Caught some like this (pic of small brown) Caught some that were a little larger (pic of larger brown) And caught some that were even bigger (Pic of big bow) The end. I don't even bother posting my creek reports there at all. Now I started a thread asking for advice on steelhead fishing that thing went on for about 15 or so replies. So I guess that is the topics that they like to talk about there.

Oh and I was being a smartass with my last post about HF and HL that is why I added the :lol: and the ;) at the end of my post. I am seriously going to go fish there this weekend though.
Sasha

Postby midger » September 22nd, 2009, 4:05 pm

Sent a PM and I was just joking--they tend to boil in oil.
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby Sasha » September 22nd, 2009, 4:33 pm

midger wrote:Sent a PM and I was just joking--they tend to boil in oil.

Replied :D
Sasha

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing