REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Upstate New York Info?

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Upstate New York Info?

Postby Sheriff Joe » October 1st, 2008, 8:09 pm

Hey Peeps,

I usually do my homework pretty well when I visit new spots, but I thought I'd just throw this up here...I'm headed to the Rochester/Buffalo NY area the second weekend of November to visit my little sister in med school (she's just like me, except smarter and prettier!). I've looked around a bit and realized that I might land right in the middle of the Lake Ontario/Lake Erie brown run, which means I might have a shot at a truly huge fish if I hit it right. Anybody been up in that area or have any info?

Thanks,
Joe
Slap a cold trout on it!
Sheriff Joe

Re: Upstate New York Info?

Postby anacrime » October 1st, 2008, 9:25 pm

big time jealous as usual

have fun dude
"Whenever I see a photograph of some sportsman grinning over his kill, I am always impressed by the striking moral and aesthetic superiority of the dead animal to the live one."
-Edward Abbey
anacrime

Re: Upstate New York Info?

Postby darrin terry » October 1st, 2008, 9:26 pm

Joe, try and contact Graham on the KRFF. He goes to NY just about every year for browns.

Droolables:
http://www.grahamowengallery.com/fishin ... trout.html
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Return to General Fly Fishing