REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Google Maps

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Google Maps

Postby rayfound » October 12th, 2008, 6:01 pm

Did anyone notice that Google Maps recently updated their "terrain" feature, and many of the little creeks that were nameless (at least in the SBNF) or not shown on the maps, and now shown with names?

Is this a good or a bad thing?
Fishing is the most wonderful thing I do in my life, barring some equally delightful unmentionables.

http://www.adiposefin.com
rayfound

Re: Google Maps

Postby Benny » October 12th, 2008, 6:05 pm

That's a very good thing if you want to know about the secret creeks...A very bad thing if you don't want others know about your secret creeks... :(
Benny

Postby Rockstar Fisherman » October 12th, 2008, 10:56 pm

On a side note just because the creek is named it doesn't mean it has water, or enough to support fish. Still involves exploration and time. Plus most local maps will name the creeks anyway, you just have to take the time to go and buy those ones.
"Live life before you die"
States fished: AZ, CA, NV, OR, WY, MT, IN, WI, ID, UT
Foreign Countries fished: CZ, NZ, SL, PL, CI
Rockstar Fisherman

Postby rayfound » October 13th, 2008, 8:03 am

Rockstar Fisherman wrote:On a side note just because the creek is named it doesn't mean it has water, or enough to support fish. Still involves exploration and time. Plus most local maps will name the creeks anyway, you just have to take the time to go and buy those ones.

Both points true. In fact I dare say most of the blue lines on the map don't have water year-round, so don't have any chance of holding [wild] fish.
Fishing is the most wonderful thing I do in my life, barring some equally delightful unmentionables.

http://www.adiposefin.com
rayfound

Return to General Fly Fishing