REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Exploring New Waters

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: Exploring New Waters

Postby rayfound » November 10th, 2011, 8:15 am

Well arvin, you could pick worse places to go. Have fun chasing the salmon up there man, the little cohos, chinooks, and sea-run cutts this guy catches out on the sound look like a lot of fun :http://www.nativetroutflyfishing.com/

As it is, please send me a list of all your favorite locals which you'd like someone to take care of, just in case there are a few I'm not already keeping an eye on for you.
Fishing is the most wonderful thing I do in my life, barring some equally delightful unmentionables.

http://www.adiposefin.com
rayfound

Postby Papasequoia » November 10th, 2011, 9:50 am

rayfound wrote:As it is, please send me a list of all your favorite locals which you'd like someone to take care of, just in case there are a few I'm not already keeping an eye on for you.

Yeah, and you're not going to need any of your fairy rods up there in the Pacific Northwest either. So, just for you of course, feel free to drop them by and I will take care of them for you and hold onto them for when you visit. :D
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby FlyinFish » November 10th, 2011, 9:53 am

John, at the least, I'll be hitting SaMo a few times to look for cats, so I'll let you know. I will be picking your brain later on floating/intermediate lines and long leaders. That seems to be a popular technique for getting the searun cutthroats.

C, the EWA blog drives me wild. Those guys are great. The adventures may be fewer and farther between up there due to seasons, weather, flows, etc, but it's worth it, and, I find it kind of nice to not be batshtcrazy about fishing for 11 months out of the year. Gives me a chance to do some other things in life. Guess that's why it's an addiction...

Rick, thank you so much for the kind words. I've got Floyd's Wish You Where Here playing in my head, and I will do my best to get some mouths watering. Thanks again for the well wishes and the best to you and Sherry.

Mark, I will never forget your underwear. Anytime you wanna swing by the PNW, let me know, or maybe I can meet you in Montana. Funny you used "vaya con dios." That's what all my salt/LR buddies say. I'll miss the LR trips, but like we've talked about before, I won't miss much of what a 1/2 day, 3/4 day, or overnight trip has become. I'll still be rockin' the LR trips when I can, and it just adds a day of driving or a plane ticket. Thankfully I can store all my 10 footers in my parents' garage. I've got a buddy up in WA with a nice Defiance, so I'll be able to chase albacore in the summers. I'd prefer real tuna, but albacore will do. And you bet your * I'll be trying for one on the fly.

Ray, the spots I keep from everyone are too far west for you to make the drive ;) . The rest, you probably know of, but I appreciate the selfless offer. Take it easy on those back roads, and stop turning to talk to the guy in the back seat when doing 45 on a forest service road!

PapaS, that is where you're wrong, my friend. There's creekin' to be had in them thar hills. And my sorry collection of rods doesn't include anything light enough to throw the #24 dries you'll be fishing. Maybe if I tape all my rods together I can make a spey rod out of them?
FlyinFish

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing