REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

air show?

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

air show?

Postby DubL HauL » November 14th, 2008, 12:28 pm

is there an air show going on today? For the last hour a bunch of fighter jets have been flying towards the west of Arcadia in pairs. I believe I even spotted a B 52 and another plane I am not familiar with, it was shaped like a glider but it was a jet, painted dark and very quiet. Some serious air power is being demonstrated in which I have never witnessed before, pretty darn cool.

Andy
DubL HauL

Re: air show?

Postby RSetina » November 16th, 2008, 4:08 pm

DubL HauL wrote:is there an air show going on today? For the last hour a bunch of fighter jets have been flying towards the west of Arcadia in pairs. I believe I even spotted a B 52 and another plane I am not familiar with, it was shaped like a glider but it was a jet, painted dark and very quiet. Some serious air power is being demonstrated in which I have never witnessed before, pretty darn cool.

Andy

Could it have been a U2 spy plane.

http://www.airplanemodelworks.com/u2-sp ... -1007.html
Rick

Other Websites
TenkaraUSA
RSetina

Re: air show?

Postby Wildman » November 16th, 2008, 4:46 pm

You saw a "air show" that was for a Veteran's Day Program. It was a fly over of military planes including the new stealth bomber.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Return to General Fly Fishing