REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Dissapointment

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Dissapointment

Postby flybob » November 17th, 2008, 1:30 pm

To all you ADDICTS out there!
The follow are excerpts from a PM that I sent to Craig after reading his recent decision. (The one in the Backroom about him taking a little vacation away from the managing of the site, Not THE OTHER ONE on the recent departure!) To say it troubled me is an understatement!
I choose to post it, and post it here in the most viewed section of the forum as opposed to the hidden backrooms and nethereaches, for all to see, I am not in the least embarrassed by what I have to say! I will tell you that some statements were in fact removed as they have no bearing on the general intent of this message to the Rank And File of this board.

"Craig, I am saddened by your current situation, nothing should ever get to this point, and you do not deserve it.
You are well within your right to take a break, and who knows maybe this thing will be done when you choose to return, get your priorities straight, and remember that this is your dime, you can shut it down anytime you care to, and you can censor if you choose, people just have to understand that it is not a free-for-all and there are rules, and the biggest of all is RESPECT!

You have done us all a great favor and it would be truly sad to see it fall apart.
I just want to offer you some words of encouragement and say that I personally feel more comfortable on this forum than any of the others I have been on. Yes there is a little thing going on, and yes it probably should come to an end, and I think it will. I feel that you have done all that you can short of pulling the plug on the whole gig, which would truly break my heart.

We had a really good time on the water this weekend, this trip would never of happened if it were not for this forum!
I also did not get to share your last message with them as I had shut down my computer for the day after my last pm to you and I did not see it until Sunday morning. I wish I would have taken one more peek, and I could have spoken to the group on your behalf.

Well sir, whatever you decide is ok with me, but I really think that this site has the potential to be one of the best FF forums out there! And maybe just letting it go and see what it does on its own for awhile is not such a bad idea.
I have invited a few over from another board and they have already came back to me with thanks for introducing them to the site, they like the enthusiasm and diversity.

if you ever need to dump, you have my ear, SERIOUSLY!
May God Bless you and your family,
Bob"

In closing, I would just like to say that it is up to each and every one of us to make this site a go, it is not going to happen on it's own, and it is not going to happen by Craig constantly having to police it! By the same token, we are all responsible if it fails, and that is the LAST thing I would personally want to see!

Addict #49,
and dang proud of it too!
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Re: Dissapointment

Postby Chris Kuhn » November 17th, 2008, 1:35 pm

Well I already have another forum for wisecracks and political vitriol. So I promise that I will pretty much only talk fishing on this site as I really need a good resource for that and the SW Board is such a secret society, you feel like you are being inappropriate just asking questions.
Denny Crane: Ah. You can see them in there. Look at the crystal clear water. My fly went right by his nose. Eat it you picky *.
Chris Kuhn

Postby DubL HauL » November 17th, 2008, 2:11 pm

flybob

I'm sure many of the fly fishing addicts agree with your sentiment. I just hope that whatever is causing Craig to stress subsides. I really enjoy this forum and don't want it to go away.

Andy
DubL HauL

Postby flybob » November 17th, 2008, 3:52 pm

Again to all you ADDICTS out there,

Please understand that was in no way meant to be aimed at ANYONE! I am not looking for responses, I just want everyone to take stock and a hard look at what they really want out of this site.
What I am really trying to do is get everyone on the same page and make this site into one PRIMO place to hang with a lot of really cool people who are truly addicted and to appreciate what Craig has given us!
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Return to General Fly Fishing