REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Dec. 10th Orvis Day at Bob Marriots 9am to 5pm.

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Dec. 10th Orvis Day at Bob Marriots 9am to 5pm.

Postby sschung » December 8th, 2011, 1:36 am

Come on down and listen to Captain Vaughn as he shares his insights on fishing the local bays, inshore waters and offshore waters. It is well worth listening to even if you do not have a boat. Even a kayak can get you into the near shore game. Thus come see Vaughn and pick his brain. There is a lot of information for you the find out.

I will also be there as the fly tyer. I will be tying three patterns, but if they are not looking I will do a few others for the surf, bay and off shore. Come on down and we can talk shop or tell stories. Bring your questions for fly tying of just fishing the surf and bays.

Orvis Southwest Regional Rep, and casting guru Hutch Hutchinson will be on hand with all of that new Orvis bling I saw in New Orleans. Hutch has been a guide for much of his life before becoming the one of the top reps for the Orvis company. He has been a casting coach for over 15 years, and has been a FFF certified master caster for over 20 years. Hutch has been active in giving field input to the Orvis design team on new rods, reels and gear. I'm pretty sure he is bringing out one of the new sand camo sling packs (which I hope is the one I already ordered). A full line of Orvis rods will be available for you to cast from the new affordable Access rod the the Bugatti of rods the Helios.

Hutch has also graciously offered to give anyone who asks; casting pointers. This means that all you guys regardless of talent should hit him up since he normally charges from $200 for a private lesson. Hutch has been a casting coach for those who have seek-ed their casting certification from the FFF. He also designed the Orvis Casting "Golf" course up at the Bend OR Orvis shop to test a casters skills. He will be teaching my nephews how to cast a fly rod, so bring your kids for a free lesson, or better yet get a free lesson for the whole family. It is opertunities like that that helped my casting by leaps and bound without costing me a penny. Hutch help me to be a more efficient distance caster; less wasted energy and more distance.

http://www.bobmarriottsflyfishingstore. ... ing-events

Shane
sschung

Re: Dec. 10th Orvis Day at Bob Marriots 9am to 5pm.

Postby Benny » December 8th, 2011, 2:12 am

Sounds like fun. I'll see if I could roll out there.
Benny

Postby 1mocast » December 9th, 2011, 12:21 pm

Thanks, I might try to stop by in the afternoon.
Dead emoji's due to Photobucket. :(
1mocast

Postby Waterborne » December 9th, 2011, 2:30 pm

sschung wrote: I'm pretty sure he is bringing out one of the new sand camo sling packs (which I hope is the one I already ordered).

Looking forward to seeing that. The colors on the current Safe Passage line are awful. Someone at Orvis was either drunk or just completely out of touch when they authorized that color scheme.
Waterborne

Return to General Fly Fishing