REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Float Tubes

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: Float Tubes

Postby briansII » February 8th, 2009, 8:19 pm

thtsarumr wrote:I am pretty dead set on buying the Outcast Fish Cat 4 LCS Deluxe however I have read several reviews where it was priced at $179. I cannot find the deluxe for anything less than $200. Does anyone know of any stores or sites that have it priced at $179?

Sportsman's Warehouse carries Outcast, Fish Cats, with their own labeling on them. I believe they are cheaper than the "official" Outcast, Fish Cats. Also, some of the Ebay Fish Cats have a generic labeling(my buddy ended up with one), but they seem to be the same as the original.

briansII
briansII

Postby czech flyfisherman » February 9th, 2009, 6:26 am

Hey Blu,

The Trinity from Outcast is the best for backpaking, the float tube is very very light and packtable there is one thinkh I do not like abou this flout tube - it's take more time put the air out from the float tube, but this is just small think...but still this float tube is the best bet. The seet is high so your bud is not in the water :D :D .

Take care Blu

Zee The Czech Fly Fisher.
czech flyfisherman

Postby Rob909 » February 9th, 2009, 8:43 am

Papasequoia wrote:IamnotgoingtobuyafloattubeIamnotgoingtobuyafloattubeIamnotgoingtobuyafloattubeIamnotgoingtobuyafloattubeIamnotgoingtobuyafloattubeIamnotgoingtobuyafloattube
IamnotgoingtobuyafloattubeIamnotgoingtobuyafloattubeIamnotgoingtobuyafloattubeIamnotgoingtobuyafloattubeIamnotgoingtobuyafloattubeIamnotgoingtobuyafloattube
IamnotgoingtobuyafloattubeIamnotgoingtobuyafloattubeIamnotgoingtobuyafloattubeIamnotgoingtobuyafloattubeIamnotgoingtobuyafloattubeIamnotgoingtobuyafloattube

I know exactly where you're coming from Jon. I've had this same battle for a couple years now myself. It's hard to justify when I consider how often I'm actually able to get out on the water....especially floatable waters. But you are in much closer striking distance than I am.

Good Luck

Rob
Rob909

Postby Sasha » March 12th, 2009, 3:44 pm

briansII wrote:
thtsarumr wrote:I am pretty dead set on buying the Outcast Fish Cat 4 LCS Deluxe however I have read several reviews where it was priced at $179. I cannot find the deluxe for anything less than $200. Does anyone know of any stores or sites that have it priced at $179?

Sportsman's Warehouse carries Outcast, Fish Cats, with their own labeling on them. I believe they are cheaper than the "official" Outcast, Fish Cats. Also, some of the Ebay Fish Cats have a generic labeling(my buddy ended up with one), but they seem to be the same as the original.

briansII

Yes they do, my wife picked one up for me today it is the same tube (Fish Cat 4) with the Sportman's logo on it (she gave me a description via phone). One of the Sportman's locations up here is closing and she said she got the one that came with the carry bag, pump and repair kit (the 4-LCS package) for under $150.

So Blu if you are still looking for this tube check and see if there are any Sportman's Warehouse in your area that are going out of business.
Sasha

Postby thtsarumr » March 17th, 2009, 12:47 pm

Sorry for not posting this sooner but I went ahead and purchased the Trinity by Outcast. It is so freaking sweet. Tanks to everyone for their input.

Blu
Image There's a funny thing about that little white speck on top of chicken sh*!.... Well that little white speck, is chicken sh*! too.
thtsarumr

Postby czech flyfisherman » March 17th, 2009, 4:34 pm

thtsarumr wrote:Sorry for not posting this sooner but I went ahead and purchased the Trinity by Outcast. It is so freaking sweet. Tanks to everyone for their input.

Blu

Hi Blu,

I was the best chioce.
Let me what area you wanna to fish and I will tell you where.
Take care Blu,
Zee
czech flyfisherman

Postby RichardCullip » March 17th, 2009, 5:43 pm

Great choice. I love mine!
Life is good. Eternal life is better!

Richard
RichardCullip

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing