REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

A step back in time

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: A step back in time

Postby Eric » November 20th, 2008, 7:08 am

Nice report and cool pic of the bridge. Heading back at night sure would tuff!!.
Eric
Eric

Postby RSetina » November 20th, 2008, 8:29 am

Post name should have been, "Crazy Couple Going Nowhere". :lol: Taking that little jaunt at night is just nuts. But I bet it was fun! I know how you can loose the trail on the way up quite easily. Coming back seemed a bit easier but still difficult in several spots. Congrats on making it out. 8-)
Rick

Other Websites
TenkaraUSA
RSetina

Postby Flyjunkie » November 20th, 2008, 10:27 am

Did that hike a number of times back in the 80's... The trail is tough to find in locations, but as long as one is following the River Upstream, one will come to TBTN... We use to get to trailhead at 5 Am and actually start hiking in the Dark (but when you are in Your 20's you are crazy that way... 8-) )

Probably wouldn't hike in the Dark nowadays... but at least you'd be done and hiking Downstream in the light of day....

That Bridge Never seems to change.... 8-)
"...I became Insane, with long intervals of Horrible Sanity..." ~ Edgar Allan Poe
Flyjunkie

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing