REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

2nd annual Fly Addicts BBQ and Casting Games

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: 2nd annual Fly Addicts BBQ and Casting Games

Postby Wildman » April 4th, 2012, 4:13 pm

Here ya go Rob...:Looking forward to seeing you and the family!

What are you bringing? We need pretty much anything you can eat. Take a look at what's listed and bring something that might go with that or don't cook....Chips, Salsa, Guacamole, Deserts, Plates, paper towels, plastic silverware....well you get the picture. Bring enough for the names listed and some more who will, no doubt, drop in.
We cast, we laugh and have fun trying new rods and seeing cool nets and then we eat.

Who Is Attending and What Are they Bringing?

Jim, Wildman...Homemade rolls for Mark's Pulled Pork
Eric- Chili
Tom Sakai- Italian olive salad

Ryan Rkfiske
Van-Quac and chips
Greg, fishfreak911-deserrt
Justin, Maybe
Bob, Flybob-Smoked Salmon
David, Tyingfool
Bill, Beachbum
Mike, Rockstar (Hopefully a sip of the famous Czech moonshine)
Mark, 1mocast [i]Hot Dogs & Buns

Tom, Silverlaker Maybe
Flyster
LDR, Larry
Me-Pulled Pork
Meb
Mike.S, adult beverages
Jim T, eating utensils and plate
Luc-Pasta Salad and homemade cookies
Jazz on the Fly- Drinks[/i]
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

2nd annual Fly Addicts BBQ and Casting Games

Postby silverlaker » April 4th, 2012, 4:50 pm

Well bummer, it looks like I'm not going to make it. Work and family obligations are working against my fly fishing interests! If I can sneak away, I'll certainly drop by with some tasty morsels. Have fun!
Tom
Fish always lose by being "got in and dressed." It is best to weigh them while they are in the water. The only really large one I ever caught got away with my leader when I first struck him. He weighed ten pounds. —Charles Dudley Warner
silverlaker

Postby 1mocast » April 5th, 2012, 8:00 am

Can someone bring some charcoal briquettes and grill tongs? Or condiments?

I can bring some Costco Hotdogs to grill up.
Dead emoji's due to Photobucket. :(
1mocast

Postby fly addict » April 5th, 2012, 8:10 am

1mocast wrote:Can someone bring some charcoal briquettes and grill tongs? Or condiments?

I can bring some Costco Hotdogs to grill up.

I'll have my camp kitchen there with grill tongs.

Mark
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

Postby flybob » April 5th, 2012, 9:15 am

I will bring an extra bag of briquettes, can't ever have too much ammo! :gun:

6 lbs of salmon are in the brine!
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby Rob909 » April 5th, 2012, 6:12 pm

I'll be bringing some fried chicken. I just put the order in at Albertson's :)

Rob
Rob909

Postby tyingfool » April 5th, 2012, 7:07 pm

As much as would love to come down and learn some more tricks and hang out with old friends and new. I will not be able to make this glorious event. I have a house full of family that I thought probable would not be a good idea to leave my lovely wife alone with . So Mark and all I will have to go to the third annual instead.

Thanks David
Aspire to inspire before you expire.
tyingfool

Postby mike.s » April 5th, 2012, 9:27 pm

take me off the list... Ive been dealing with a big kidney stone for over a week...thought maybe if it passed today i could try to make it.... they tried to break it up today but didnt work,
going in tomorrow for surgery. i will let everyone know how it went.
thanks, mike
mike.s

Postby darrin terry » April 5th, 2012, 10:01 pm

Sorry to hear that Mike. Hope all goes well tomorrow. :shock: Those have never sounded like something I'd want to experience.
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Postby mike.s » April 5th, 2012, 10:08 pm

its a bit@@... i normally pass them in a few hours...this one didnt let off for 20 hours..spent 4 hr in the er on morphine yesterday... its not moving today much so the pain is less but when they move its a 10 out 10 on the pain scale... hopefully they can get this out of me... im worn out :fireangry:
mike.s

Postby darrin terry » April 5th, 2012, 10:20 pm

I believe you. I've heard for years that the only normal pains most people experience that are worse than back pains, which I've had in spades, is passing kidney/bladder stones and giving birth. A few years ago my back went out to the point of landing me an ambulance ride to the ER, I think 4 or maybe 6 syringes of morphine and 11 hours on my back before I could stand up again. That was bad enough for me. I do not envy you right now. I did not like being on morphine, but I was very appreciative of its effect on the pain if not its burning sensation during the injection through the IV they put in during the ambulance ride.
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Postby mike.s » April 5th, 2012, 11:00 pm

ER is the way to go with stones... Ive never had to wait, they get you right in...they always scan you to make sure, but they get me hooked up quick with an iv to stop the pain....its a life saver. and i normally pass them there once your body is relaxed (from the pain) and they IV lots of liquids into you.
this is the first one i couldnt pass on my own...
mike.s

Postby WanderingBlues » April 5th, 2012, 11:02 pm

Have a great time! I tried to wimp out of coaching on Saturday, but to no avail. And, if Darrin offers you a margarita, be afraid. Be very afraid. Muhahahaha.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby darrin terry » April 5th, 2012, 11:40 pm

Unfortunately I wont be there. I wanted to attend last year and could not due to work issues. This year I can't due to not having work issues. Instead I am going to get up in the morning and do my job search online, when that is done, I am going fishing at a local pond looking for 'gills and crappie. Maybe a bass too if they want to play. Have fun everyone.

Oh yeah, I'd been watching the attendees list wondering if you were going to make it Curtis. I was gonna offer up the margarita recipe to anyone willing to assault a cop with some. Yeah they're strong, but you know you enjoyed them. Real simple, 3 parts decent to good tequila of your choice (I suggest nothing less than Cazadores as a starting point), 2 parts Cointreau and 1 part key lime juice (Nellie & Joe’s). No salt. That's for sissies anyway. The ability to not have to drive is a must though.

P.S. - Cuervo is crap.
darrin terry

Postby fly addict » April 6th, 2012, 7:50 am

mike.s wrote:its a bit@@... i normally pass them in a few hours...this one didnt let off for 20 hours..spent 4 hr in the er on morphine yesterday... its not moving today much so the pain is less but when they move its a 10 out 10 on the pain scale... hopefully they can get this out of me... im worn out :fireangry:

I feel your pain; there is nothing worse than trying to pass a stone. I have had a few kidney stones in my youth. None for the last 30 years now that I drink a few gallons a day of distilled water. I get raged on for having a tea-cup for a bladder, but if you drink a few gallons of water each day you’ll * a lot also. I have a saying, “two gallons a day keep the kidney stones away”.

Mark
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

PreviousNext

Return to General Fly Fishing