REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

An FFA's Wishlist:

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

An FFA's Wishlist:

Postby Reyne » April 11th, 2012, 9:54 am

I'm going to Marriott"s. Anybody want anything? :)
Regards,
Rey

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong." John Gierach
Reyne

Re: An FFA's Wishlist:

Postby fly addict » April 11th, 2012, 10:52 am

I could use an Echo Spey Rod. :o ;)

Mark
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

Postby WanderingBlues » April 11th, 2012, 4:02 pm

Even if you don't buy anything, it's fun to be able to see everything.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby duckdog » April 11th, 2012, 11:00 pm

Sure, hows about a 9' 9wt Sage One
an Orvis Mirage reel for the 9 wt.
a 2 wt - sub 8' Sage, Orvis or Winston will do
2 Hydros reels ,a 2 and a 3
some TMC hooks (100 packs) 101's 16-22
206 bl's 16-20
200 r 16-22
some Daiichi 1250's and 1140's -18's in both
a net with that rubbery netting
some polarized sun glasses- amber if you please,copper would be o.k - action optic's or oakley's
please.
Hey , what kind of car are you driving ? A truck maybe ? I need to know how much you can fit.
Mike
duckdog

Postby Reyne » April 12th, 2012, 1:12 am

I knew I opened up a can with that post. It's like telling my wife I'm going to the grocery store for a couple items and walk out the door with a list from *! It's like going to Costco and promising yourself you will keep the bill under $100.00. Well, I decided I can make due with tippet material for now. I was on a mission to pick up 4x and 5x flouro, but I'm just gonna use up what's left of my mono tippet. I'm not so sure that bulk spools of flouro won't suffice as tippet material. The diameters and pound tests are close enough for nymphing. I prefer Umpqua flouro, but it nicks easily because its too limp, IMO. Anyway, I thought it would be entertaining to read other Addicts' wishlists. Keep em coming!
Regards,
Rey

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong." John Gierach
Reyne

Postby Artin » April 12th, 2012, 5:56 am

I'll take a Sage XI3 7wt with a Galvan reel loaded with 50lb backing and a Rio integrated shooting head and extra reel with floating line!

Bass rig ;)
Oh, also a spool of 8lb tippet material.....

Artin
ethics is something you do when no one is watching
Artin

Postby Reyne » April 12th, 2012, 7:18 am

Artin wrote:I'll take a Sage XI3 7wt with a Galvan reel loaded with 50lb backing and a Rio integrated shooting head and extra reel with floating line!

Bass rig ;)

Artin

Would that be gel-spun backing and a 250 grain DC? The floater maybe a Coldwater Clouser? Black or silver reel? :P
Regards,
Rey

Reyne

Postby Flatsix » April 12th, 2012, 7:36 am

Rey, see if they have a fishing calendar with nothing but 4 day weekends and no space for writing down honey do's.

;) \
Flatsix

Postby darrin terry » April 12th, 2012, 7:43 am

Reyne, bulk fluoro works just fine. Just make sure to buy it based on its diameter rather than its test rating. I have been refilling my Rio Fluoroflex tippet spools ($15 each for 30 yards) with Seaguar fluoro for 3.5 years from 200 yard spools which cost about $15 each.
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Postby duckdog » April 12th, 2012, 7:46 am

Oh yeah, and send the bill for my stuff to Barak Obama,i'm going to pass on the unicorn and rainbow that I am supposed to get with my hope and change---- i'll take the fishing gear instead !
duckdog

Postby 1mocast » April 12th, 2012, 8:07 am

How about one of these necks?

Dead emoji's due to Photobucket. :(
1mocast

Postby Baughb » April 12th, 2012, 8:31 am

1mocast wrote:How about one of these necks?

Is that a real rooster? How fun would that be to tie with?

Bob
"He told us about Christ's disciples being fishermen, and we were left to assume, as my brother and I did, that all first-class fishermen on the Sea of Galilee were fly fishermen and that John, the favorite, was a dry-fly fisherman."
Baughb

Postby Reyne » April 12th, 2012, 9:49 am

Darrin Terry wrote:Reyne, bulk fluoro works just fine. Just make sure to buy it based on its diameter rather than its test rating. I have been refilling my Rio Fluoroflex tippet spools ($15 each for 30 yards) with Seaguar fluoro for 3.5 years from 200 yard spools which cost about $15 each.

Darrin,
I've been using Seagar Blue Lable for my streamer leaders. I've got 25# down to 8#. Years ago, I was using Maxima. With funds being tight these days, I was thinking exactly what you've been doing. Thanks for the reassurance.

Flatsix wrote:Rey, see if they have a fishing calendar with nothing but 4 day weekends and no space for writing down honey do's.

;) \

Greg,
Thats kinda my schedule as of late. I just got hired on with an outfit wiring voice/data, but the 12-16 week project we're supposed to be on is in limbo. At any rate, I figure I had better make use of this free time because once I start working again, my summer and early fall fishing is shot! Find a reel to go with that SageLL?

1mocast wrote:How about one of these necks?
Funny how lately I'll be browsing down the necks and saddles isle and here comes a good looking young lady with the same look in her eye as me!!! The shop seems to have some decent feathers the last few times I've been there. Oh well, I'll have to make due, just like the $15 for 30 yds of tippet...

Regards,
Rey

Reyne

Postby briansII » April 12th, 2012, 10:05 am

I hope I'm not too late for a request?? I'm set for rods, but how about a Nautilus NV 8/9 and a Hardy Perfect, Salmon. Left hand wind for both.

Thanks a bunch!

briansII
briansII

Postby Artin » April 12th, 2012, 10:22 am

Reyne wrote:
Artin wrote:I'll take a Sage XI3 7wt with a Galvan reel loaded with 50lb backing and a Rio integrated shooting head and extra reel with floating line!

Bass rig ;)

Artin

Would that be gel-spun backing and a 250 grain DC? The floater maybe a Coldwater Clouser? Black or silver reel? :P

haha! That would be black Sir! I am not into the too flashy look.... gel-spun is fine but let's fo a T8 shooting head and the cold water clouser will work just fine and dandy for me!

Oh can you also throw in a couple of these :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks a bunch!

Artin
ethics is something you do when no one is watching
Artin

Next

Return to General Fly Fishing