REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Opt-in update

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: Opt-in update

Postby beachbum » December 4th, 2008, 6:00 pm

Thanks for the welcome! Since I have been here in stealth mode while reading the posts, and folks all seem to be getting along now between boards, I thought it was time for me to participate over here too. After all, you can never have too many fishing related activities! :)
Set the hook!
beachbum

Postby stanbery » December 5th, 2008, 2:01 am

beachbum wrote:After all, you can never have too many fishing related activities! :)

Tell that to my wife. :o :o

Welcome Aboard Larry.

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby Eric » December 5th, 2008, 9:22 am

Welcome to the site larry. R u going to stop by the spot this sat.?
Eric
Eric

Postby beachbum » December 6th, 2008, 9:30 am

Thanks! While I appreciate being compared to Larry (wiredog), and we do have similar traits, my name is Bill. And yes, I hope to stop by the Spot today.
Set the hook!
beachbum

Postby flybob » December 6th, 2008, 1:55 pm

beachbum wrote:Thanks! While I appreciate being compared to Larry (wiredog), and we do have similar traits, my name is Bill. And yes, I hope to stop by the Spot today.

I thought so! I was getting really confused, and thought that I was loosing it! IT IS BILL!

Welcome to this crazy bunch of addicts!

Bib, I mean Bob!
You know the one with the HAT!
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby 1mocast » December 6th, 2008, 10:45 pm

Welcome Bill,
Glad you can join our motley crew. Hit the salt lately? mark
Dead emoji's due to Photobucket. :(
1mocast

Postby beachbum » December 7th, 2008, 11:38 am

Thanks again for the welcome! As for the salt, after church this morning, I was having coffee with some friends, hearing about their New Zealand fishing trip they just returned from, when someone said there were steelhead jumping in the creek (no fishing, but good watching). We walked down to see 5-10 pound fish, leaping out of the water, trying to rid themselves of sea lice. I had grabbed my polarized lenses, and there were some logs swimming by. It's good to see that the steelhead population is returning, and I hope DFG is able to keep poachers away from them.
Set the hook!
beachbum

Postby Eric » December 7th, 2008, 5:21 pm

Thanks for the info about the steelhead Bill. That would be worth a trip down to your neck of the woods just to see that.
Eric
Eric

Postby Chris Kuhn » December 7th, 2008, 5:46 pm

Eric wrote:Thanks for the info about the steelhead Bill. That would be worth a trip down to your neck of the woods just to see that.
Eric

DOWN to his neck of the woods? Where pray tell is his neck of the woods?
Denny Crane: Ah. You can see them in there. Look at the crystal clear water. My fly went right by his nose. Eat it you picky *.
Chris Kuhn

Postby JR_774 » December 8th, 2008, 9:32 am

Hmm, I guess I can try to contribute more. My past posts were in a thread that got ugly and was deleted. I am normally not confrontational in a forum setting but there were points made that I felt needed to be addressed. I was able to "voice" my opinion and also had opinions "voiced" to me. This helped me realize that I misunderstood some of what was being said and at the same time, also clarified my position on others.

It was not a good experience for me to get caught up in the drama, but I put myself there. I have enough confrontation and drama in real life. I enjoy many forums. I actively peruse this forum and others. I have friends on many boards. I don't contribute lately anywhere for a variety of reasons. Mainly I am too busy at work and also the last "debate" I was involved in cut pretty deep.

I have enjoyed the positive place this forum has changed into and wanted to see what else there was to offer here.

If not allowed into the "Opt-in" sections, I will continue to be a part of this forum and keep track of the FF world through familiar eyes.
JR_774

Postby darrin terry » December 8th, 2008, 9:44 am

Glad to see you back posting JR774, uh, Bill Jr., um Bill…well…

Looking forward to it. Your contibutions that is. :D

As for the opt-ins, there's both good and bad with them. The best part is that the nastiness that spawned their creation was able to be kept more private, out of the truely public eye. We have been able to hash some things out and, I think, come out the other side the better for it. They are certainly not always an easy place to be. Strife sucks. Some find it fun, but it makes a lot of us uncomfortable. Still, it can't always be ignored and the opt-ins allow for a venue for dealing with it.

Welcome back. :D
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Postby flybob » December 8th, 2008, 11:23 am

JR_774 wrote:Hmm, I guess I can try to contribute more. My past posts were in a thread that got ugly and was deleted. I am normally not confrontational in a forum setting but there were points made that I felt needed to be addressed. I was able to "voice" my opinion and also had opinions "voiced" to me. This helped me realize that I misunderstood some of what was being said and at the same time, also clarified my position on others.

It was not a good experience for me to get caught up in the drama, but I put myself there. I have enough confrontation and drama in real life. I enjoy many forums. I actively peruse this forum and others. I have friends on many boards. I don't contribute lately anywhere for a variety of reasons. Mainly I am too busy at work and also the last "debate" I was involved in cut pretty deep.

I have enjoyed the positive place this forum has changed into and wanted to see what else there was to offer here.

If not allowed into the "Opt-in" sections, I will continue to be a part of this forum and keep track of the FF world through familiar eyes.

Hey Bill, welcome back! Seriously!

It is very big of you to give it another go, I think that says a lot.....nuff said!

let's have some fun shall we,
Bob
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby stanbery » December 9th, 2008, 4:09 am

Bill

Nice to see you back.

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby RichardCullip » December 9th, 2008, 6:24 am

Welcome back, Bill. Have you been tubin' Lake Truxtun yet this season?
Life is good. Eternal life is better!

Richard
RichardCullip

Postby Eric » December 9th, 2008, 8:30 am

Good to see you stopping by once again Bill.
Eric
Eric

Next

Return to General Fly Fishing