REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Postby flocktothewall » May 25th, 2012, 6:40 pm

Hello!
Just wanted to introduce myself, I found this forum while searching a comparison for Simms Waders. In my perusing I notices some the names of some fellow members at another fly fishing forum.

My name is Luke, I've been fly fishing now for about 5 years. I started after a trip to Washington to see my grandparents, and hearing and seeing my Grandfather and Uncle light up when they talked about fly fishing, I figured I'd give it a try. I had always been interested in it, since the time I was a kid, I went on a pack trip into the Sierras with my Dad and some Family Friends, and we caught nothing on our spinning gear, but one guy fly fished and was catching fish all day long, but as I grew up, I lost interest in bait fishing, and thus fishing in general until I tried Fly Fishing.

After trying it once, I was hooked (pun intended).

I live in Southern California, fish the local waters of my Local Mountains on a regular basis, and frequent some areas dear to me in the Sierra's during the prime fishing season. Love fly fishing, hate the taste of fish so I am a catch and releaser. I look forward to reading and hopefully inputting anything that I can contribute.
"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." ~ Henry David Thoreau
Mark 1:17
flocktothewall

Re: New Member

Postby flybob » May 25th, 2012, 7:40 pm

fttw, welcome to the only DECENT fly fishing forum in the West!

A great bunch of folks here who just like to have fun and share a lot.

A few posts of you own with some nice pics and NO Hotspotting, and you will do just fine!

Again, Welcome to the fray.

Bob
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby Artin » May 25th, 2012, 9:58 pm

Awesome! welcome to the forum. Glad you got back into fishing. This a very decent forum with some top notch people who are always there to help out. Kick back and enjoy the ride. Looking foreward to seeing some of your TR's

Artin
ethics is something you do when no one is watching
Artin

Postby WanderingBlues » May 26th, 2012, 5:28 am

Luke,
Welcome to FFA. I'm sure you'll find that this forum is unique amongst sites. The folks here are some of the kindest and most generous I've met. And, they get out together and fish. That alone makes this a great place to be a part of. All that's required is a passion for fly fishing, and a great sense of conservation.

Pull up a place next to the fire and stay awhile.

Curtis
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby dray » May 26th, 2012, 6:52 am

Welcome!
dray

Postby Reyne » May 26th, 2012, 9:19 pm

Hey, Luke. Welcome.
Regards,
Rey

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong." John Gierach
Reyne

Postby Fishfreak911 » May 27th, 2012, 1:32 am

Welcome aboard Luke! You will find that, with a little give and take, you can learn so much here. The folks here are great, and they fish...a lot!

I encountered many members here who would give you the shirt off their back if they though it would catch you more fish!

I look forward to reading your posts and perhaps fishing together one day soon.
Greg<><
Creating the finest custom flyfishing nets on the planet is my passion!

http://www.Sierra-Nets.com
Fishfreak911

Postby Which Way Out » May 27th, 2012, 10:00 am

I am new here also. Welcome to the forum.
WWO
l
l___ ____
l/|. ,[____],
l---L-=OlllllllO_
()_)- ( )_)-~--)_)
Which Way Out

Postby 1mocast » May 27th, 2012, 11:04 am

Luke and WWO,
Welcome. If you ever have any FF questions, post it. Enjoy the forum and post some of your trip reports. That way, we can drool... ;)
Dead emoji's due to Photobucket. :(
1mocast

Postby Rasputinj » May 27th, 2012, 8:42 pm

Welcome aboard, there are lots of great fly fishing in SoCal. Kern and Eastern Sierra are easy to get to. Watch out as the forum names states fly fishing can get addicting. Even just reason about others adventures brings on the fishing itch.
Rasputinj
Rasputinj

Postby stanbery » May 29th, 2012, 4:56 pm

Luke

Welcome aboard.

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby Flatsix » May 29th, 2012, 5:13 pm

Welcome!

I'm echoing the thoughts of others when I say that the people on this forum are seriously THE best bunch you'll find on any fly forum. Hang around and you'll get to know some of the regulars. Don't be afraid to post questions. Post trip reports with pictures, we all like to see somebody catching fish and don't forget.......we don't want to know the actual names of any of the places that you fish. We can usually figure it out from the pictures ;)
Flatsix

Return to General Fly Fishing