REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Stocking of Back country lakes

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Stocking of Back country lakes

Postby Rockstar Fisherman » December 7th, 2008, 6:03 pm

Ok, so I've seen this time and time again that all areial stockings of back country lakes ended in 2000 or something like that. So why is it that some "back country lakes" are listed on the DFG list of lakes to be planted??? Do they coffe can stock these lakes or what? Several lakes in Mono and Inyo counties are reached only by trail, no road to them what so ever, and they're listed as to be planted. Have I stumbled upon some big secret that's a big hush hush deal or what :o :o ? I'm really confused :? , and I'm 99.9% sure I've read that list correctly, why is everyone so adamant that back country lakes are no longer stocked if DFG says they are? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
"Live life before you die"
States fished: AZ, CA, NV, OR, WY, MT, IN, WI, ID, UT
Foreign Countries fished: CZ, NZ, SL, PL, CI
Rockstar Fisherman

Re: Stocking of Back country lakes

Postby Benny » December 7th, 2008, 6:42 pm

Mike, where did you see that aerial stocking ended in 2000. I just read that this was still going on....Here is a link to a pdf on aerial stocking dated September 26, 2008 from the DFG. CLICK HERE
Benny

Postby Rockstar Fisherman » December 7th, 2008, 10:06 pm

I haven't officially read it, just seen a lot of people posting saying that it had ended. Thanks Benny, I'm going to go check out that link right now!!

On a second note, I'll check it out tomorrow when I go to work, I screwed up my adobe acrobat or deleted the program so I can't get it on my laptop.
"Live life before you die"
States fished: AZ, CA, NV, OR, WY, MT, IN, WI, ID, UT
Foreign Countries fished: CZ, NZ, SL, PL, CI
Rockstar Fisherman

Postby stanbery » December 8th, 2008, 3:05 am

2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Return to General Fly Fishing