REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Good Peoples

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Good Peoples

Postby WadeK » July 11th, 2012, 1:07 pm

I wanted to say thanks to a few people I've "met" through this site and fly fishing in general.
Recently I lost 2 flyboxes and have had some other travails in my life. I have a trip coming up which I've been promising my son for a while. I figured with basically all of my nymphs gone, the trip was going to take a big hit. I had set aside about 1/2 the $ needed to get my son a float-tube just for the trip. Between everything that's happened lately, it looked like the floattube might not happen and indeed the trip might not happen.
Then along came my fellow fly fishers. You know who you are so I won't embarass anyone by mentioning names. I now have a 3/4 full nymph box with better quality than I'd ty. My son has a full general fly box, and is borrowing an almost new floattube. We have a place to stay in for a few of the nights of the trip including a couple of home cooked meals. A buddy is taking us out in his boat on the American R. for Stripers and Shad. He's also joining us for the trip over to the East side and if he's up for it the BPing portion too.
Mom used to always tell us "Be "Good Peoples" and surround yourselves with "Good Peoples" and life will be easier. Being a FF is a good start towards being "Good Peoples".

Thanks all,
Wade
I fish for my sanity. If I catch it, should I still practice catch and release?
2014 log entries so far: 16.
WadeK

Re: Good Peoples

Postby WanderingBlues » July 11th, 2012, 1:18 pm

Outstanding. Tight lines to you and your boy!
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby Artin » July 11th, 2012, 1:28 pm

Awesome outcome!
I see many a fine fish in your future!

Artin
ethics is something you do when no one is watching
Artin

Postby WadeK » July 17th, 2012, 9:23 am

I recieved an over full large flybox (~300 flies) from someone on this board last night. That person said he didn't want to sort through it so when they saw my post he just sent it to me. Almost 3 hours of sorting and shuffling later I don't have any more room in any of my or my sons flyboxes.
The FF community (this board, the Kern board, and the KRFF club I belong to) continues to amaze me with their generousity. Now I have to find a way to pay it forward.

Tight Lines
Wade
WadeK

Postby 1mocast » July 17th, 2012, 10:31 am

I agree. This board has been a breath of fresh air...in kindness and generosity.

Have a great trip with your son...
Dead emoji's due to Photobucket. :(
1mocast

Postby Wildman » July 17th, 2012, 11:19 am

" Now I have to find a way to pay it forward." WadeK

That chance will always be there. Just look for it.

Glad things worked out well for you and your son. As you say, this group has always been there to help and assist and have made dreams come true over the course of it's lifetime.

The trip sounds like one you've planned and dreamed about. Post a TR when you get back. A trip with your kids is always worth sharing!
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby darrin terry » July 17th, 2012, 11:26 am

Paying it forward will, unfortunately, be easy. Someone else will lose a box at some point. It seems most of us do eventually.

Check your PMs.
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Postby Fishfreak911 » July 18th, 2012, 2:36 pm

Agreed! These guys are the best!!! Actually, when people ask me why I make nets for a "living" I always say, "Fly fishermen are some of the best people on the planet!" Who wouldn't wanna hang around that?! :grouphug:
Greg<><
Creating the finest custom flyfishing nets on the planet is my passion!

http://www.Sierra-Nets.com
Fishfreak911

Postby WadeK » July 18th, 2012, 2:45 pm

...ButI still haven't foregiven you for getting the W upside down on that net. :gun: :fart:
WadeK

Return to General Fly Fishing