REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Something to watch tonight

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Something to watch tonight

Postby briansII » August 2nd, 2012, 2:59 pm

If you are interested in what's happening to the Ca. Delta, salmon, steelhead, stripers, LMB, fishing in general, the water wars, North vs South, politics(the dirty underbelly)or hot chicks, check this out tonight.

Info gleaned from another forum:

From Restore the Delta

A PBS NewsHour Story
On the Delta
Will air tonight featuring
Restore the Delta members Rogene Reynolds and Doug Hemly, as well as Congressman John Garamendi.

This segment will air 26 minutes into the show.
The Newshour is a national program. Check your local PBS station listings for the time.

Ok, so there might be any hot chicks, but this should bring some light to the conservation of the Ca. Delta.

briansII
briansII

Re: Something to watch tonight

Postby khuzhong » August 2nd, 2012, 3:07 pm

Kind of dissappointed, so no hot chicks? There'd better be some fish *.
khuzhong

Postby Rob909 » August 2nd, 2012, 3:34 pm

And here I thought it would just be another night of watching NBC's horrific Olympics coverage!!!

Rob
Rob909

Postby briansII » August 3rd, 2012, 10:09 am

So did anyone catch this segment? I didn't. :doh: :oops:

Here's your second chance. You can watch the whole program, or scroll to 36:00 minutes and the Peripheral Canal will be discussed.

http://video.pbs.org/video/2263043977

It's just a brief overview of proposed project. No way can you cover it in the short amount of time they allowed. Hopefully, it will triggers some folks interests/curiosity. This is a massive project, that I think many don't have much information on.

briansII
briansII

Postby Wildman » August 3rd, 2012, 10:54 am

I watched the segment. Interesting stuff. As with anything water...it will cause a controversy.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby lucfish » August 3rd, 2012, 11:27 am

Wildman wrote:I watched the segment. Interesting stuff. As with anything water...it will cause a controversy.

That's a fact.
lucfish

Postby Papasequoia » August 3rd, 2012, 2:25 pm

yeah, it was pretty good for a 5 minute segment. Corporate farming and a thirsty SoCal want to rob water from NorCal. And the price tag to build these pumps and tunnels was (if I remember correctly) estimated at 50 billion bucks? Sure, why not, CA can afford it - right? Jerry Brown should have stayed retired with his hookah.
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby briansII » August 3rd, 2012, 2:52 pm

Papasequoia wrote:yeah, it was pretty good for a 5 minute segment. Corporate farming and a thirsty SoCal want to rob water from NorCal. And the price tag to build these pumps and tunnels was (if I remember correctly) estimated at 50 billion bucks? Sure, why not, CA can afford it - right? Jerry Brown should have stayed retired with his hookah.

The thing is, if the "government" estimates it will take 50 billion, we can be assured it will cost much, much more than that. I guess that's a small price to pay for a career politician to leave his "legacy"......oh wait, wasn't Jerry's legacy a fruit fly? Guess he wants two wonderful legacies to be remembered by.

briansII
briansII

Postby Artin » August 3rd, 2012, 8:18 pm

Papasequoia wrote: Jerry Brown should have stayed retired with his hookah.

hahaha

Artin
ethics is something you do when no one is watching
Artin

Postby Bakoguy » August 11th, 2012, 8:19 pm

Come on you cheapskates. What is 50 billion when you are going to spend 100 billion for High Speed Rail.
I think the truth be known he still has his Hookah and he 's on it daily. But, heh, small cost for a legacy to a man that once dated Linda Ronstadt (SP). Our second Rock Star governor.
The silver lining is that we could have a Salmon run at Tulare Lake in wet years and certainly Steelhead at Truxton Lake in most years.
I say onward and upward. These visionaries ( such as Moon Beam) far surpass my simple notions.
Bakoguy

Return to General Fly Fishing