REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

LA Times Article on the East Fork

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: LA Times Article on the East Fork

Postby Eric » October 3rd, 2012, 10:23 am

If anyone is interested in volunteering and giving a little back to the water we love send a pm to me,dave or rick. Every little bit helps.
Eric
Eric

Postby RiverRat » October 11th, 2012, 6:28 am

Things might be changing on the West Fork. Did anyone here write comment letters on this? Comment letters do make a difference.

http://www.sgvtribune.com/ci_20667450#ixzz1weIbkas3

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/cleveland ... RDB5365612

For the record the comment period expired. My point is to have your eyes open for big policy changes and be ready to comment and fight. Please read anyways and you'll see how some of the road and access to the WF may be closed under the new management plan.

shane
RiverRat

Postby WanderingBlues » October 11th, 2012, 8:12 am

RiverRat wrote:Things might be changing on the West Fork. Did anyone here write comment letters on this? Comment letters do make a difference.

shane

I wrote to the LA Times, and the USFS on the issue. I also got out local Sierra Club Chapter and SOFA (Save Our Forest Assoc) to weigh in as well.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby RiverRat » October 11th, 2012, 9:56 am

WanderingBlues wrote:
RiverRat wrote:Things might be changing on the West Fork. Did anyone here write comment letters on this? Comment letters do make a difference.

shane

I wrote to the LA Times, and the USFS on the issue. I also got out local Sierra Club Chapter and SOFA (Save Our Forest Assoc) to weigh in as well.

That's awesome! I try to do the same for the Kern and have influenced changes, although it's butting your head against a wall most of the time!

More time is spent complaining in life than on action taken to fix things. If we united and bombed the officials with letters and phone calls in our lifetime things will change, but it takes constant pressure. The letters sometimes end up building coalitions or friends in high places who share the same views.

shane
RiverRat

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing