REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Looking for a fishing buddy this Friday

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Looking for a fishing buddy this Friday

Postby hawkplayer32 » October 30th, 2012, 4:27 pm

Hey Guys,

I am looking to find a fishing buddy for this upcoming Friday 11/2. I want to target the Socal mountain region, but seeing as I have limited experience I would like to recruit a fishing partner to show me the ropes. I live in Yorba Linda and would not mind carpooling and either driving or pitching in for gas. I want to fish early morning till about noon.

If you are free, shoot me a PM.

Thanks,

Tony
hawkplayer32

Re: Looking for a fishing buddy this Friday

Postby Wildman » October 30th, 2012, 8:54 pm

Tony-
Already have a LO trip planned or might have taken you up on locals. You know, it would be great for you to share a little bit about yourself...you fishing background...how long you have been fly fishing, what your fly fishing goals are, etc. It's always good to know something about the person you're sharing water with.

I was blessed by being mentored by some of the best (and still am being mentored) on this and the Kern forum. The things they shared made the difference in keeping me interested and then being totally hooked on the fly. Hopefully, someone can join you. If you go, post some pictures and share your adventure. We'll do the same on Monday.

Jim
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby ManoTheSkip » October 30th, 2012, 9:04 pm

I'm headed to vegas, or I would be a total go!

Next time!

Mano
Tight Lines!

Hurry Hard!
ManoTheSkip

Postby hawkplayer32 » October 30th, 2012, 9:40 pm

Thanks for the responses guys, I think I will post a quick bio to introduce myself on the general forum...
hawkplayer32

Return to General Fly Fishing